Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Jordan hinders his rivals legacies by playing against them, Lebron does it by...

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Legacies and all-time lists are build around what a player does against his generation.

Why is Hakeem considered a Top 10 or borderline Top 10, whereas D-Rob, Ewing, Mourning aren't? The Dream dominated those big's(plus a very young and raw Shaq) in the 90's.

A few years later Shaq puts himself into the conversion with Kareem, Wilt and Russell by completely destroying every big of his generation.

Say what you want about how stacked Bird's Celtics or Magic's Lakers were, but they were also each other's rivals. Their legacies are based on their rivalry rather than their stacked teams.

LeBron destroying Wade, Durant, Rose, Duncan and Kobe (even if the last 2 are on a decline) would definitely been a huge legacy.
    ehh, Hakeem is in the top 10 because he won championships and FMVP's while D-Rob(through Duncan), Ewing and Mourning didn't.

Shaq was a beast and one of the best, that is why. If anything, he moved from team to team to win more championships.

Lebron has destroyed all of those people you're talking about, except for Kobe but they never met in the finals. Bosh and at the time 29 year old Wade are not what is diminishing Lebron's legacy.

The Holy Trinity

Default Re: Jordan hinders his rivals legacies by playing against them, Lebron does it by...

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Where Wade and Bosh ever rivals to LeBron to begin with? Wade maybe was in 2009, but that's about it.
    Try 2004 - 2010.

But, never EVER compare LJ to MJ. Reposted from another thread:

Finals: Jordan 6/6, James: 2/5

FMVP: Jordan: 6/6, James: 2/5

Was team's best player in Finals:

Jordan: 6/6, James: 4/5

Played well in Finals:

Jordan: 6/6, James: 3/5

Was largely responsible for team's Finals loss:

Jordan: 0/0, James: 1/3
    And that's just Finals. LeBron also had series fails against the Celtics in 2008 and 2010.

And consider the narrative, Jordan stayed at home, overcame disappointments and nurtured and cultivated his team into two dynasties. LeBron is a ring chasing carpetbagger who had to collude with other superstars in order to win and really didn't even establish one dynasty (back-to-back is not a dynasty). And when those superstars weren't super enough anymore, he had to have more help.

But, the best thing about the Spurs kicking ass this year is that the LBJ GOAT narrative has been broken. Like it or not stans, Jordan three-peated twice. LeBron couldn't even do it once.

Comparisons between James and Jordan are dead for the time being and will soon be buried permanently. LeBron will NEVER be as good as Mike. And that fact restores a little bit of my faith in humanity and the future.

And no matter how much the little stans cry, it's the truth until James proves otherwise on the court (i.e. never).

This is your brain on facts. Any questions?

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Try 2004 - 2010.

But, never EVER compare LJ to MJ. Reposted from another thread:

And that's just Finals. LeBron also had series fails against the Celtics in 2008 and 2010.

And consider the narrative, Jordan stayed at home, overcame disappointments and nurtured and cultivated his team into two dynasties. LeBron is a ring chasing carpetbagger who had to collude with other superstars in order to win and really didn't even establish one dynasty (back-to-back is not a dynasty). And when those superstars weren't super enough anymore, he had to have more help.

But, the best thing about the Spurs kicking ass this year is that the LBJ GOAT narrative has been broken. Like it or not stans, Jordan three-peated twice. LeBron couldn't even do it once.

Comparisons between James and Jordan are dead for the time being and will soon be buried permanently. LeBron will NEVER be as good as Mike. And that fact restores a little bit of my faith in humanity and the future.

And no matter how much the little stans cry, it's the truth until James proves otherwise on the court (i.e. never).

This is your brain on facts. Any questions?

Well said!

Anyway, do you have a link for that thread? Would love to see it.

Decent playground baller

LeBron has never played Wade in the playoffs. I guess there were regular season rivals. They had some great battles when LeBron was on the Cavs.

College superstar

Jordan played against Scottie? No wonder Scottie says LeBron is better...

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face

Well said!

Anyway, do you have a link for that thread? Would love to see it.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=346309&page=2

A LeBron jacker highjacked the Bosh thread, so I responded in turn.

Like many of my posts, it should be bookmarked at the top of the page. It's very irritating when I shut down a debate and then come back weeks later and fools are making the same arguments that I already destroyed. I spend most of my time writing things for money. Occasionally I donate words and wisdom for free. I guess I'm feeling more charitable than usual this week due to the cluster**** that "The Decision II" has become.

NBA All-star

the f&ck, Jordan didn't even had the balls to get the max when he came back for the second peat.

he kept his rivals right next to him.

Quote Originally Posted by rule1223
    before they teamed up together, there was still a debate on whether wade or lebron was a better player, and after theyre first season it was still unsure whose team it was. You're a lebron fan so i kno u dont like competition but if you're two of the top three players in the nba from the same draft class, youre competing against each other
    LeBron played like it was his team their first year. The reg. season and playoffs. Until the finals he let Wade be the lead man and they lost.

That following season Wade announced that he was handing the team over to LeBron. That's when they started winning titles.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    LeBron has never really had a rival besides Pierce. Wade and Bosh were first round exits. They never played LeBron in the playoffs.

Kevin Durant is his rival. it's all the #2 guy in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    great point. Wade and Bosh were both getting bounced out the first round while LeBron was competing for titles in Cleveland.

Wade had a championship as the lead dog before Bran even sniffed an NBA Finals. GTFOH.
    Last edited by LoneyROY7; 07-11-2014 at 12:26 PM.