Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
       

Default Re: Everybody is afraid to speak their mind because of the rep system

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    Im agree with you RAMBO. my lifelong dream was to have a rep bar. I would sleep everyday thinking about it. and lurk on these boards observing the behaviour of all the highly repped members trying to understand how HOW! they do it.

when I was a child I told my father that I wasn't sure what i wanted to do with my life. all I know is that it had green in it. when I saw this board I KNEW I just knew I would get one of those super important green bars

But then it happened. I slipped. I said something I shouldn't have and my world come crashing down. I said "If lebron goes to cleveland and wade and bosh stay then we'll find out who carried who" (somewhere along those lines)

Then I posted again and bang THERE IT WAS!!!! THE RED BAR

But something inside me started to happen.... did I lose my life long goal?... had i lost my motivation?

After days of snapping my laptop in half. slapping my mum in the face. unscrewing the nuts from my car tires. dumping my girlfriend. bending the knifes and forks in my house and *********ing in the feetle position I realised
    I didnt actually give a motherfckn shit anymore.......
    LOL... repped... is it too late to say that i love you man?

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    Im agree with you RAMBO. my lifelong dream was to have a rep bar. I would sleep everyday thinking about it. and lurk on these boards observing the behaviour of all the highly repped members trying to understand how HOW! they do it.

when I was a child I told my father that I wasn't sure what i wanted to do with my life. all I know is that it had green in it. when I saw this board I KNEW I just knew I would get one of those super important green bars

But then it happened. I slipped. I said something I shouldn't have and my world come crashing down. I said "If lebron goes to cleveland and wade and bosh stay then we'll find out who carried who" (somewhere along those lines)

Then I posted again and bang THERE IT WAS!!!! THE RED BAR

But something inside me started to happen.... did I lose my life long goal?... had i lost my motivation?

After days of snapping my laptop in half. slapping my mum in the face. unscrewing the nuts from my car tires. dumping my girlfriend. bending the knifes and forks in my house and *********ing in the feetle position I realised
    I didnt actually give a motherfckn shit anymore.......

NBA rookie of the year

Very few people actually care about the rep system. Red bars wouldnt negatively affect me even 1%

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Very few people actually care about the rep system. Red bars wouldnt negatively affect me even 1%
    Good, because I'm going to neg you as soon as I can. Awful poster

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus-Sack
    Good, because I'm going to neg you as soon as I can. Awful poster
    Ok then,

Im curious though what opinions of mine do you disagree with?
    I enjoy debate (miss my debate team)

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    The people with lots of neg rep are always trolls who post retarded shit on purpose. I say exactly what I think, and get negged plenty... but still have positive rep.
    That is a myth. The following behaviors are discourage amongst green bar posters:

1. You can't be passionate about a topic.
    2. You can't be different. If your ideas are different, then that means you are a nuisance and trolling the forum.
    3. Don't be too smart. The act of a disagreement is an insult. Just be dumb and agree with everybody else.
    4. You can't take jabs at people. Everything is so f*ckin serious; ISH is real sh*t! The green bar police will come and get you if you get out of line and poke fun at a few people or talk smack to them.

Behaviors like that will be classified as "retarded" or "trolling" amongst the green bar police and their huge click of friends and they will "keep in line" the person who gets out of line. They're doing it to some of the noobs as we speak. Don't f*ck with the green bar police; this sh*t is serious business!
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 07-12-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Banned

Ok then,

Im curious though what opinions of mine do you disagree with?
    I enjoy debate (miss my debate team)
    All of your ridiculous statist opinions. Internet debate is pointless, it's not like you ever convince anyone of anything, you just force them into doubling down and getting defensive.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    That is a myth. The following behaviors are discourage amongst green bar posters:

2. You can't be different. If your ideas are different, then that means you are a nuisance and trolling the forum.
    3. You can't take jabs at people. Everything is so f*ckin serious; ISH is real sh*t! The green bar police will come and get you if you get out of line and poke fun at a few people or talk smack to them.

Behaviors like that will be classified as "retarded" or "trolling" amongst the green bar police and their huge click of friends and they will "keep in line" the person who gets out of line. They're doing it to some of the noobs as we speak. Don't f*ck with the green bar police; this sh*t is serious business!
    None of those apply to me, fgt.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    The people with lots of neg rep are always trolls who post retarded shit on purpose. I say exactly what I think, and get negged plenty... but still have positive rep.
    I agree with this, I post controversial opinions all the time, that i truly believe. I enjoy the anonymity of the this board. Its not like facebook or twitter that can get tracked back to you in real life and affect how people perceive you.

Eg. I have talked about how I think males should have the right to choose if they want to take part in a child's life, if the mother unilaterally chooses to have the baby.

My support for the death penalty in theory, (in practise I have major issues with it)

etc.

I get negged all the time, it must take a lot of negs to get red bars.

Banned

3. You can't take jabs at people. Everything is so f*ckin serious; ISH is real sh*t! The green bar police will come and get you if you get out of line and poke fun at a few people or talk smack to them.

Macho Man does all of those things and quite frequently. He's considered the Michael Jordan of posters with the greatest rep imaginable! Dude is cheating the system, by your logic.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus-Sack
    All of your ridiculous statist opinions. Internet debate is pointless, it's not like you ever convince anyone of anything, you just force them into doubling down and getting defensive.
    Such as?

I have always considered myself a critic of the government.

Eg. On gitmo and signature and double tap drone strikes. NSA wire tapping, etc.

I guess maybe my support of the death penalty in theory?
    But I actually am critical of how the american government applies it. I simultaneously think its not applied to a board enough range of crimes, and feel its is applied to cases where guilt is not certain.

Internet debate is pointless, it's not like you ever convince anyone of anything, you just force
    i have been convinced of many thing on the internet. anyways Im bored at work, its not a busy time for auditors.

Quote Originally Posted by FrobeShaw
    Macho Man does all of those things and quite frequently. He's considered the Michael Jordan of posters with the greatest rep imaginable! Dude is cheating the system, by your logic.
    No he doesn't. Macho Man hardly ever engages in a long discussion. He sticks with one liners and sarcasm which is as safe as it can get.

Banned

No he doesn't. Macho Man hardly ever engages in a long discussion. He sticks with one liners and sarcasm which is as safe as it can get.
    Yet there's more substance and potency in his one liners than your long winded essays.

I agree with this, I post controversial opinions all the time, that i truly believe. I enjoy the anonymity of the this board. Its not like facebook or twitter that can get tracked back to you in real life and affect how people perceive you.

Eg. I have talked about how I think males should have the right to choose if they want to take part in a child's life, if the mother unilaterally chooses to have the baby.

My support for the death penalty in theory, (in practise I have major issues with it)

etc.

I get negged all the time, it must take a lot of negs to get red bars.
    You've been here long enough and have a stupid click of friends who will rep you. Admit it, there is a gang of you who is in this click.

Banned

Such as?

I have always considered myself a critic of the government.

Eg. On gitmo and signature and double tap drone strikes. NSA wire tapping, etc.

I guess maybe my support of the death penalty in theory?
    But I actually am critical of how the american government applies it. I simultaneously think its not applied to a board enough range of crimes, and feel its is applied to cases where guilt is not certain.

i have been convinced of many thing on the internet. anyways Im bored at work, its not a busy time for auditors.
    You support the existence of the state. You are a statist. This is the main problem I have with you and KNYC, you think that bickering over the incidental fvcking minutae like "Oh I think the death penalty should be applicable to kid fvcker." "Oh no, I disagree" completely glossing over important details like whether or not there should be a state, or what size it should be. You and starface are so ideologically close, but you've spent hours bickering with him. It's silly.

"critic of the government"... give me a break.