Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Everybody is afraid to speak their mind because of the rep system

There is something missing in this forum ever since the rep system came back. We're not seeing a lot of disagreements over controversial topics; members are avoiding the NBA forum because they know they will get negged for liking a particular player or team; the posters who generate the most responses (outspoken ones) no longer posts here anymore; topics that are safe and topical and youtube videos are now the norm. No more zest; no more fire; pure boredom.

People who speak their mind should be celebrated, not ridiculed. At the end of the day, this is all entertainment. Why should the fear of being judged dictate how we enjoy ourselves? Have fun. Don't give a f*ck, and above all don't take everything so seriously. Jeff kill the rep system. It is sucking the life out of this forum.

Default Re: Everybody is afraid to speak their mind because of the rep system

you're a damn joke.

you dont have red b/c you speak your mind.

you have it b/c you post like a jackass and b/c you practically beg for it with attention whore threads like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm

you're a damn joke.

you dont have red b/c you speak your mind.

you have it b/c you post like a jackass and b/c you practically beg for it with attention whore threads like this.
    I'm not a jacka*s all the time. If you engage me, I will engage back. The problem I have are these immature kids who can't formulate a proper discussion and then trolls the f*ck out of me just because they happen to disagree with me.

And yes, trust me, I absolutely am in the red because I happen to disagree with 99% of the discussions in here.

Stop being such a little b*tch and get butthurt over a few tough jokes here and there. You can't even f*ck around with somebody without getting negged. You kids are so immature. Grow a few balls and stop hiding behind the rep system.

Brah, you need to look in a mirror.

You are in the red b/c you post like a jackass enough that negs will outweigh the positives. Even when you do engage you often do it in a smug douchetastic way. Sorry but its true.

This thread is case in point. You are crying about immature people giving negs causing people to stop speaking their mind yet here you are speaking your mind and acting immature. How can anyone take you seriously when you constantly act like 13 year old shithead that needs to get pimp slapped?

Starface speaks his mind all the ****ing time. He has been banned a shitload and is often deep in the red. Yet he comes back, says what he has to say, and right now has a green boner.

Seriously, stop cluttering up the board with this bullshit attention whore crying. Grow a ****ing sack and stop trolling so damn much and maybe, just maybe, you'll get some of that green that apparently helps you decide what your current self worth is.

   

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    I'm not a jacka*s all the time. If you engage me, I will engage back. The problem I have are these immature kids who can't formulate a proper discussion and then trolls the f*ck out of me just because they happen to disagree with me...
    the difference is that they're just kids, while you are supposedly a grown adult.

they're supposed to be a little wild, experimental, testing things out and growing. OTOH there's -you- ...who comes to a mediocre bball forums and wants to clobber people with your 'metaphysical knowledge' and avoid places where you would be far better served conducting your debates, such as beliefnet, etc etc.

it would be one thing if you had some facility with teaching and explanation, but most of the time it's a given that you'll get irritated (and borderline enraged) that ppl can't understand and/or agree with you.

maybe in the short term that's on them, but in the long term that's on you IMO.

EDIT: haha, green boner!

National High School Star Rodmantheman's Avatar

OP wtf is wrong with you

Will you just shut the f*uck up about rep already.

Off to Vegas for the weekend to make a mess of my liver.

Cheers peoples...

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm

Brah, you need to look in a mirror.

You are in the red b/c you post like a jackass enough that negs will outweigh the positives. Even when you do engage you often do it in a smug douchetastic way. Sorry but its true.

This thread is case in point. You are crying about immature people giving negs causing people to stop speaking their mind yet here you are speaking your mind and acting immature. How can anyone take you seriously when you constantly act like 13 year old shithead that needs to get pimp slapped?

Starface speaks his mind all the ****ing time. He has been banned a shitload and is often deep in the red. Yet he comes back, says what he has to say, and right now has a green boner.

Seriously, stop cluttering up the board with this bullshit attention whore crying. Grow a ****ing sack and stop trolling so damn much and maybe, just maybe, you'll get some of that green that apparently helps you decide what your current self worth is.
    I think it is sad how you guys are taking this sh*t so seriously. I know I am a douche; I like to f*ck around with the members in here, but it doesn't mean I'm doing it out of malice. It's just giving people sh*t; kind of like how friends do it. The problem is you guys are so insecure you literally take this sh*t seriously, like butt hurt serious, and then you play the neg card to somehow get people back.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    the difference is that they're just kids, while you are supposedly a grown adult.

they're supposed to be a little wild, experimental, testing things out and growing. OTOH there's -you- ...who comes to a mediocre bball forums and wants to clobber people with your 'metaphysical knowledge' and avoid places where you would be far better served conducting your debates, such as beliefnet, etc etc.

it would be one thing if you had some facility with teaching and explanation, but most of the time it's a given that you'll get irritated (and borderline enraged) that ppl can't understand and/or agree with you.

maybe in the short term that's on them, but in the long term that's on you IMO.

EDIT: haha, green boner!
    I only get irritated when posters don't engage. I don't care if you talk sh*t to me, call me names, neg me, I don't give a sh*t. Just have a f*ckin conversation; that's the whole reason we're here right? If someone has a point, then counter that point; who cares about the insults .. who cares about some stupid rep system .. just discuss and have a good time.

In the end, you won't get laid because of green bars; will you live longer? No. Will you make more money? No. Then why the f*ck do some of you treat it like its your lifeline?

OP makes so many assumptions.

Assume people cares, afraid, butthurt, take it serious, use negs as way to get back, got in red because he disagree, etc.

   

I only get irritated when posters don't engage. I don't care if you talk sh*t to me, call me names, neg me, I don't give a sh*t. Just have a f*ckin conversation;

...that's the whole reason we're here right? If someone has a point, then counter that point; who cares about the insults .. who cares about some stupid rep system .. just discuss and have a good time.

In the end, you won't get laid because of green bars; will you live longer? No. Will you make more money? No. Then why the f*ck do some of you treat it like its your lifeline?
    i can appreciate the intent in your first thought, but it also displays a relentless opaqueness about how things work here. and for whatever reason you have a fixation with things being the way you describe in the 2nd thought, going against a number of practical and real factors. any theories as to why you do that?

3rd thought-- HEY DUDE, these rep bars cost me a lot of money and have opened up a number of doors in my life. don't ever put down my major accomplishment in life again! (i have a sharp axe and an unstable personality, just sayin)

Nice coping mechanism, repped.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i can appreciate the intent in your first thought, but it also displays a relentless opaqueness about how things work here. and for whatever reason you have a fixation with things being the way you describe in the 2nd thought, going against a number of practical and real factors. any theories as to why you do that?

3rd thought-- HEY DUDE, these rep bars cost me a lot of money and have opened up a number of doors in my life. don't ever put down my major accomplishment in life again! (i have a sharp axe and an unstable personality, just sayin)
    I'm just trying to save the forum.

What is wrong with being passionate? What is wrong with throwing a few jabs here and there? What is wrong with a disagreement? What is wrong with a crazy idea or a conspiracy theory?

That is what fuels a discussion; we won't all agree with one another; that's the whole point, and the idea that the so call best posters (green bars) are actually the antithesis of all of the above is really the biggest problem of this forum.

I mean if you really dig deep into it and look at the underlying problem, the problem is not the so call red bar posters .. it's really the green bars who think people should only talk a certain way or act a certain way .. or have some sort of restriction on their freedom of expression if they are to be liked and accepted ... it's like a stupid little cult, and what's sad is the noobs don't know any better and are willing to take it up the a*s (IM BALLIN) in order to be in this click.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Hambone, we reds are like Will Smith in I,Robot. We got true freedom of speech, have perfect spiritual vision, and are not bound to the PC buulshiite the greens have to tip-toe around every time they post. Ewe are ISH. ISH is red. ISH is #1 :)

Banned

All the best posters are no longer posting. All everybody talks about is the rep system. The green bar posters and their stupid clicks are just agreeing with each other and repping one another and picking on the new posters. We don't see anymore real fights like the old days.

I am now just a lurker. Nothing interest me.
    Shut the fvck up bruh.