Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why LeBron Can

Default Re: Why LeBron Can

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    then why did he precisely singled out the false genuinity of this "coming home" shit that the media is selling?

yet again,

put on your helmet, kid
    Stop being an idiot and actually read it instead of just looking at the title.

Oh look, Kareem has spoken.

There you have it!

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I thought it was a pretty interesting read.

The point is a powerful one and Wolfe's novel is adaptable and analogous to exactly a situation such as this one. The relationship between the city/state and James will never be what it was five years ago, for good or bad. In a sports context, there was an innocence between that player/fan relationship in those first seven years.

James is more traveled now and certainly more worldly... more mature. I'd say the Cleveland sports fan has also changed, at least the diehards among us. I'm not even saying it is a bad thing. I think this has the chance to be a more realistic partnership with both sides understanding the stakes, the pitfalls, the challenges and the dangers.

It really is one of the most intriguing sports stories in a long, long time. There are layers to this thing that go a little deeper than just the surface. There's nothing wrong with exploring those layers.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I thought it was a pretty interesting read.

The point is a powerful one and Wolfe's novel is adaptable and analogous to exactly a situation such as this one. The relationship between the city/state and James will never be what it was five years ago, for good or bad. In a sports context, there was an innocence between that player/fan relationship in those first seven years.

James is more traveled now and certainly more worldly... more mature. I'd say the Cleveland sports fan has also changed, at least the diehards among us. I'm not even saying it is a bad thing. I think this has the chance to be a more realistic partnership with both sides understanding the stakes, the pitfalls, the challenges and the dangers.

It really is one of the most intriguing sports stories in a long, long time. There are layers to this thing that go a little deeper than just the surface. There's nothing wrong with exploring those layers.
    Fresh off of ethering Le2for5 for that "Mount Rushmore" shit, Kareem ethers LeChoken One again

shut up kareem

If he hadn't spent the article indirectly praising himself for doing the 'right' thing and being 'sincere' it would come more as interesting than just a self-promotion tool.

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

I enjoy this man's articles but it sounds like he's trying to make something out of nothing. I don't think Lebron cares about Cleveland THAT much. It'd be different if the team was in Akron instead. If it was the Akron Cavs he would never have left. And the reason he waited to make the announcement was to give his teammates and coaches a heads up, something he didn't do when he left Cleveland.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeBird
    If he hadn't spent the article indirectly praising himself for doing the 'right' thing and being 'sincere' it would come more as interesting than just a self-promotion tool.
    That's a fair point.

He does go out of his way to paint James as arrogant and self-centered, but seems to also not have a self aware bone in his body when it comes to the same critique of his own self-adulation.

Oh well... the mind of an uber-talented individual, I guess. They apparently don't need to do the kinds of self-examinations as the rest of us.

Banned

Jabar is one ugly POS.
    he should be happy Wilt took it easy on him.
    fukking fakkit.
    dey scared now

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Fresh off of ethering Le2for5 for that "Mount Rushmore" shit, Kareem ethers LeChoken One again

Fresh of smoking crack in your trailer you are now back to have sex with your sister twice a day

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LeBird
    he did that because you know had he not included that he would have gotten a bunch of lebronze stans attacking him for that and trying to call him a hypocrite and shit

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Spaulding
    Kareem wants attention it seems.
    Just another glorified Laker sidekick wanting attention. Kobe is the same way.

I usually hit open layups

Meh, if Lebron somehow deliver a championship to Cleveland, no one in Cleveland will care about the decision. They will erect his statue in front of the stadium lol.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    Just another glorified Laker sidekick wanting attention. Kobe is the same way.

well, I don't know if Jabbar could ever be Dr. Buss's side-kick off the floor.

as much as people want to talk about Phil Jackson/Kobe 2 peating with the Lakers after Shaq left town.

there was a period of time, where being Dr. Buss was not a fun position to be at.

but again, the man is who he is, because of his ability to deal with situations like that.

there seems to be a good amount of intellectuals in the NBA by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    There was nothing wrong with what he wrote, and I think everyone agrees with most of it.

That said, Kareem never stops talking. This just felt unnecessary and a chance to use allegorical connotations at first sight.
    Look at him as a journalist who writes a basketball column who happens to be an NBA legend. I think he is channeling his inside journalist rather than speaking from the HOFer point of view.