Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why LeBron Can

Default Re: Why LeBron Can

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Look at him as a journalist who writes a basketball column who happens to be an NBA legend. I think he is channeling his inside journalist rather than speaking from the HOFer point of view.
    Fair point, but I should mention Ive had this problem with Kareem long before the Decision. I honestly think he relishes attention and wonders why he doesn't receive it. Very smart intelligent man,probably one of the most reasoned NBA minds, but never misses the chance to act self important.

Kareem has written so many garbage anti LBJ articles now... Pathetic.

I love him as player, his game, but this is cringe.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Stfu Kareem

Local High School Star

KAJ compares leaving a sports team with an author that writes shit about people in his home town, then returns to people hating him. He compares wanting to go home to New York, with going home to Cleveland, a city that hasn't won anything in 50 years. Does KAJ even realize how much a big star means to smaller markets like Cleveland? He clearly does not. Lebron will help stimulate the local economy, help Cleveland have a winning team again, and he also gives the hope for a championship to be brought to Cleveland.

Obviously it won't be the exact same experience Lebron had before he left, but that applies to everything.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Fair point, but I should mention Ive had this problem with Kareem long before the Decision. I honestly think he relishes attention and wonders why he doesn't receive it. Very smart intelligent man,probably one of the most reasoned NBA minds, but never misses the chance to act self important.

well, there's the knowledgable insecure people
    there's those that aren't knowledgable

then there's those that shares his point of view and say
    "well said"

probably why he doesn't receive it.

The Illumanity

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by edrick
    KAJ compares leaving a sports team with an author that writes shit about people in his home town, then returns to people hating him. He compares wanting to go home to New York, with going home to Cleveland, a city that hasn't won anything in 50 years. Does KAJ even realize how much a big star means to smaller markets like Cleveland? He clearly does not. Lebron will help stimulate the local economy, help Cleveland have a winning team again, and he also gives the hope for a championship to be brought to Cleveland.

Obviously it won't be the exact same experience Lebron had before he left, but that applies to everything.
    you mean the most hyped big man coming out of college ever played for the Bucks?

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Lebron can tell the media he took a shiit in the morning and it will become the biggest news in sports. Dude literally demands the sports world's attention in everything he does.

any cliffs on that article?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Kareem

Ether - the shit that makes your soul burn slow.

terribly written

kareem is a smart person, and every smart person knows "coming home" = bullshit

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by edrick

Kind of depressing that he's turned to a hater. But Kareem was never even a social person much less a person who is going to understand feeling the love of his hometown.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    There was nothing wrong with what he wrote, and I think everyone agrees with most of it.

That said, Kareem never stops talking. This just felt unnecessary and a chance to use allegorical connotations at first sight.
    Kareem is one of the most book-smart basketball players ever, and I think he relishes every opportunity to show it.

I lol'd.

[QUOTE]To some skeptical residents, LeBron

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Kind of depressing that he's turned to a hater. But Kareem was never even a social person much less a person who is going to understand feeling the love of his hometown.

if you're not a social person. you're never going to the understand the feeling of love no matter where you go.