Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Cleveland favorite to win in early championship markets..

Is lebron the only reason they are Favorite?

Surely his supporting cast has a lot to do with how far they go.

I've been reading people saying lebron is joining an ordinary 33 win team and downplaying his teammates like he will be carrying them

The betting doesn't suggest his team is Ordinary?

Stop with the Bullshit lebron stans

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Cleveland favorite to win in early championship markets..

The main Lebron haters the last several years are on here saying the cavs arent good enough to contend and arent that talented.

Same people will call the team stacked when they start winning though.

All around odd situation.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

He is joining a team that didn't make the playoffs last year, with a new coach

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    He is joining a team that didn't make the playoffs last year, with a new coach

They are most definitely playoff caliber without lebron, only that a poor coach and team turmoil held them back from reaching their potential.

The new coach is a major plus dude potato head was coaching shadows, because nobody on that Cavs team was listening to him.

Cleveland as the favorite makes no sense, unless you assume that Love is going to Cleveland.

If it's just the current Cavs team, there is no way they're the favorite next year. Far too young and experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    The main Lebron haters the last several years are on here saying the cavs arent good enough to contend and arent that talented.

Same people will call the team stacked when they start winning though.

All around odd situation.

They were playoff caliber last year, not contenders though obviously.

Adding a decent coach, Wiggins and LeBron just catapulted them to favorites and rightfully so.

I'm just making point of the overreaction to the narrative of lebron returning to fulfill the promise he made.

Luchini from the sky TheAnchorman's Avatar

Miami didn't win their first year with a prime Wade. Betting on CLE means you are basically expecting Cleveland to be like 08 Boston or 83 Philadelphia, teams with drastic changes that make them instant contenders. Except those teams are few and far between... even the current Spurs took a couple of years after Leonard was drafted to win the title.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Cleveland as the favorite makes no sense, unless you assume that Love is going to Cleveland.

If it's just the current Cavs team, there is no way they're the favorite next year. Far too young and experienced.

I disagree.

Cavs were only held back last year by a poor coach and system, plus the off court distractions, the talent was always there.

They just added a potential superstar and the best player in the nba to an already playoff caliber team.

They deserve to be favorites imo

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    I disagree.

Cavs were only held back last year by a poor coach and system, plus the off court distractions, the talent was always there.

They just added a potential superstar and the best player in the nba to an already playoff caliber team.

dumb. so dumb

I disagree.

Cavs were only held back last year by a poor coach and system, the talent was always there.

Wiggins has never played an NBA game, Blatt has never coached an NBA game, and Irving/Waiters/Bennett/Thompson have never played a playoff game.

Lebron is damn good, but noone is good enough to move turn an inexperienced 33-win team into the championship favorite overnight.

Is lebron the only reason they are Favorite?

Surely his supporting cast has a lot to do with how far they go.

I've been reading people saying lebron is joining an ordinary 33 win team and downplaying his teammates like he will be carrying them

The betting doesn't suggest his team is Ordinary?

Stop with the Bullshit lebron stans
    ask yourself this question: without Lebron, how far would the Cavs get? ECF? 2nd round? will they even make the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnchorman
    Miami didn't win their first year with a prime Wade. Betting on CLE means you are basically expecting Cleveland to be like 08 Boston or 83 Philadelphia, teams with drastic changes that make them instant contenders. Except those teams are few and far between... even the current Spurs took a couple of years after Leonard was drafted to win the title.

This current Cavs team has more talent than the teams you mentioned.

Talent that should surely overwhelm nearly all the teams in the nba if harnessed properly.

But I do agree that it might take them a year to gel, however they should still win based on talent alone.
    Last edited by poido123; 07-13-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

way too many starting lineup changes last year.

Clark, Bynum, Deng, Dion in, Dion out, CJ, Hawes, Kyrie at the 1, Kyrie at the 2, Jack at the 1, etc.

Bynum, Deng, Jack, and Clark were all major disappointments.

No consistency. Cavs played hard early on in the season then kinda gave up as the season went on. Grant gets fired and they start playing hard again. They got so close to an 8th seed, huge game against ATL, and what happens? Major negative piece comes out morning of the game saying Kyrie wants out. I'm sure that went over well in the lockeroom.

The Holy Trinity

I saw this, and it's ridiculous how much difference the oddsmakers etc. think the simple addition of LeBron can make.

I mean, I must have forgotten how LeBron dragged the Heat to within inches of a repeat victory over the Spurs.

Oh wait, he didn't. They lost by 15, 19, 21 and 17 in their four defeats. They won one game by 2.

He put up nice stats that had no impact whatsoever on the series outcome, except to barely prevent a sweep.

And now Vegas thinks he can singlehandedly take the Cavs from the lottery to being able to beat the Spurs or whoever comes out of the West? (And that's IF they can even get out of the East).

The reality check is coming.
    Last edited by jrong; 07-13-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

They were playoff caliber last year, not contenders though obviously.

Adding a decent coach, Wiggins and LeBron just catapulted them to favorites and rightfully so.

I'm just making point of the overreaction to the narrative of lebron returning to fulfill the promise he made.

Adding Lebron made them favorites to some. None of the rest matters.

Any...30ish win team you put Lebron on is gonna have people thinking they can contend.

The coach and wiggins are 100% unproven to be anything in the NBA.

Lebron made the difference and that is how it will be remembered unless Wiggins comes out on some Michael/Magic/Bird shit as a rookie.

Its always been that way.

THe leagues premier player goes somewhere and they become great...hes the addition history cares about.