Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default why did pau take basically the same money to go to bulls instead of spurs?

guaranteed championship with spurs next 2 years

Default Re: why did pau take basically the same money to go to bulls instead of spurs?

East

Da Mavs

Default Re: why did pau take basically the same money to go to bulls instead of spurs?

Presumably a bigger role, starting spot.

I'd have guessed Spurs if I had to...but love the Bulls fit

Learning to shoot layups

I have no idea how the conversations went but the Spurs have always been reluctant to guarantee anyone minutes or a position as a starter. That has a tendency to rub people the wrong way. Although I would have seen Gasol starting in SA I'm not sure they would have promised it.

I'm also pretty sure he's getting more than the MLE in Chicago which was all SA was willing to offer.

All this time later I still haven't figured out why SA isn't a more favorable destination for some.

Belinelli was the last guy who had bigger offers on the table and outright stated that he'd be crazy to not take an opportunity to play in SA, and it paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    East
    this

Did we get anything in return? Boozer?

Banned

In SA he would've been the 4th big. Duncan, Diaw, Splitter>> at this point.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

he's notgonna win anything with the bulls

that team has 2nd round flamout written all over it. and thats assuming rose comes back healthy

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    East
    Do you think players care about EAST? You still have to go and beat the WEST champ... Logic would seem to be opposite... EAST WEAK, join best west team. Not east weak, let me join one of those weak teams so i can get stomped by the west champ.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Presumably a bigger role, starting spot.

I'd have guessed Spurs if I had to...but love the Bulls fit
    Doesn't make sense, Pau wanting to start imo. Guy can't stay healthy over long periods of time.

NBA All-star

because Noah would pass him the ball

Boris Diaw would literally intercept every pass Duncan throws at Gasol

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    Did we get anything in return? Boozer?
    nope, it's a straight FA signing.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    Doesn't make sense, Pau wanting to start imo. Guy can't stay healthy over long periods of time.
    Gasol is going to play less than 30 mins easy. Rotation of Noah, Gasol, Mirotic, Gibson, McDermott is deep.

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnFire
    Do you think players care about EAST? You still have to go and beat the WEST champ... Logic would seem to be opposite... EAST WEAK, join best west team. Not east weak, let me join one of those weak teams so i can get stomped by the west champ.
    that's still just one team, the east is like a vacation trip for an old man with bad legs compared to the west

Book 'em Dan'l

Gasol probably wants a bigger role with his new team. Not like he would enjoy the Spurs system, but I think he feels he can make an impact with the Bulls.

That and he is in the East (finally)

Dunking on everybody in the park magictricked's Avatar

Pau is done. He's has been a mess the last two seasons.