Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Earned not given

Default Re: Why is the public so uncritical of the reasons for Bron's return?

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76
    How the hell did he make up for it if he only signed up for 2 years with the option leave next year?????????????????????????????????????
    Salary cap goes up next year and CBA uncertainty in 2017. LeBron is making sure he gets paid, that's why the contract is so short. He still plans to stay in Cleveland. Things could change, of course. At the moment this is the line of thinking though. Whereas stans look for the silver lining in everything, haters look for the negative in everything LeBron does.

Local High School Star Skyscraper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76
    How the hell did he make up for it if he only signed up for 2 years with the option leave next year?????????????????????????????????????
    because he hasn't left yet??

because if he leaves without a championship in Cleveland

1) He will be hated forever with no forgiveness
    (use the two time cuckold by the same girl analogy if you want)
    2) He needs more time to establish chemistry again with a new team

all of which will waste his time and tail end of his prime

the TV deal and money may seem like an easy out... but there are no clear alternatives now...

where's Lebron going to?

The Knicks?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    Salary cap goes up next year and CBA uncertainty in 2017. LeBron is making sure he gets paid, that's why the contract is so short. He still plans to stay in Cleveland. Things could change, of course. At the moment this is the line of thinking though. Whereas stans look for the silver lining in everything, haters look for the negative in everything LeBron does.

Looking to get PAID? is you high?

Thinking about it more, I guess it shows how easily influenced most people are by the media.

The criticism for leaving in 2010 was over the top and that made even casual fans see him as a villain. Now the media is going overboard praising him for a blatantly self-serving decision and the public follows suit.

The reason is because most sane people realize that no one in their right mind would leave Miami to go to Cleveland unless their heart was really into it. And I'm not just talking about the cities, but the respective franchises given the success one has had, and the other has not.

Further, there were other opportunities Lebron could have opted for that would have offered him a competitive roster, yet he chose to go back to Cleveland (and being nice here, it's not exactly known as a hot destination to say the least), and back to a fanbase and owner that savaged him when he left.

Were their business decisions involved, of course. This is a business after all. But the critics seem to ignore everything else I mentioned in their quest to pretend that only they can see past the "feel good" narrative being pushed on the public.

Local High School Star Skyscraper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Thinking about it more, I guess it shows how easily influenced most people are by the media.

The criticism for leaving in 2010 was over the top and that made even casual fans see him as a villain. Now the media is going overboard praising him for a blatantly self-serving decision and the public follows suit.

we should all take an opportunity not just to say how bad BSPN is, but how all US media is basically made by 6 major corporations who seeks to narrow our viewpoints in life.

It's too much for me to ask everyone to find independent news sources and interpret all news for yourself (and rather unrealistic for me to say all mainstream news is out to get us), but ever wonder why all of the FM radio plays the same songs over and over again?

Start from there and go on...

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Apparently, Miami wasn't so stacked. It was Cleveland that was historically stacked all along.
    Why can't the stans understand that being stacked is relative to competition and can change over time? Only trolls would say 2013-2014 Heat were as stacked as the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 Heat. Wade declined a lot the last 2 years.

Further, there were other opportunities Lebron could have opted for that would have offered him a competitive roster, yet he chose to go back to Cleveland (and being nice here, it's not exactly known as a hot destination to say the least), and back to a fanbase and owner that savaged him when he left.
    Again, there is NO WAY he could have gone to another team besides Cleveland. He would have been DESTROYED in the media and he knew it.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Him being back home in Cleveland is a bit of both stan, and haters arguments. It's him being a nice guy, wanting to be loved, and wanting to go home. But it's also him being savy, managed correctly by his handlers, and cowardly looking for the easier way out yet again. A legacy move. Even if in the immediate future Cleveland isn't a lock for competing in championships. It's the smarter choice long term.

glad you coming back around to critical insights again. you were slobbering dat dick pretty hard earlier

Again, there is NO WAY he could have gone to another team besides Cleveland. He would have been DESTROYED in the media and he knew it.
    I see you ignored the rest of what I wrote, which means you agreed with it. And people like you are DESTROYING him for going back to Cleveland, lol. So it wouldn't matter what he did, there would be critics. Might as well be in a better place than Cleveland facing them. unless, of course, you really wanted to go home and felt a calling back.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    I see you ignored the rest of what I wrote, which means you agreed with it. And people like you are DESTROYING him for going back to Cleveland, lol. So it wouldn't matter what he did, there would be critics. Might as well be in a better place than Cleveland facing them. unless, of course, you really wanted to go home and felt a calling back.

If he is the best player in the world then why not remain where he is and have the front office build around him?

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

I think most people are happy the collusion era is over. That whole thing with the big meeting in Chicago and then the one hour special to announce to the world what he already knew 6 months ahead of time, rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. He left a team coming off 4 straight finals appearances. He could have stayed and possibly won a couple more with a few minor tweaks to the roster, but he gave it up to go back home and redeem himself. I don't think the Cavs are an instant contender for the championship. It's going to take a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    I think most people are happy the collusion era is over. That whole thing with the big meeting in Chicago and then the one hour special to announce to the world what he already knew 6 months ahead of time, rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. He left a team coming off 4 straight finals appearances. He could have stayed and possibly won a couple more with a few minor tweaks to the roster, but he gave it up to go back home and redeem himself. I don't think the Cavs are an instant contender for the championship. It's going to take a few years.

And by time the Cavs become a legit contender he will

1. be 34
    2. and have less hair

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

I have already seen more people dissecting Melo's reasoning for staying in NY than folks who are skeptical of LeBron's letter. Are people really this gullible or is it just that they like Bron more?

I haven't seen anyone in the media ask if Bron would have left if Miami won and still looked dominant. Or if he'd have left if Cavs talent situation looked bad. These are obvious questions with obvious answers but no one but "haters" seem to want to know lol
    So what.

When Lebron left Cleveland, most casual fans just said that he left a title contender that finished atop the Eastern Standings. None of them knew those Cavs were actually pretty bad.

Also, many casual fans thought Bosh was a super-star, since that what the media made it seem like.

So it goes both ways bro. And casual fans outweigh hardcore fans by at least 4-to-1. So your gonna have to deal with it.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore vegasbigshots's Avatar

I like the move. If he wins as a CAV he will solidfy his legacy as one of the best.