Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Why is the public so uncritical of the reasons for Bron's return?

its because Lebron is today's MJ. The media has helped create that casual fan love for him, even a lot of die hard fans. They either don't know, or don't care, all they see is the top player in the NBA wanting to go back 'home' to CLE...

I agree tho it is weird. Because there was so much criticism and controversy when he left CLE, so much anger when he made it a spectacle with the Decision. Don't forget CLE was completely blindsided by that. They thought he was going to stay but thats why Dan Gilbert was so bitter in that letter.....

To me its ridiculous how all is forgotten now, and there is ALL of this love for him coming out of CLE now and its almost offensive they actually tell people who are critical of Lebron or CLE "enough of it already"....

the girlfriend analogy works in every way, and mostly in the way other people not even involved losing a LOT of respect for a lot of those fans. Just like guys look down on guys who take girlfriends back that cheated...its really very similar in feel. i mean i have very little connection to any of this but it annoys me how they welcome him back and forget everything that happened. where you just lose respect like they're suckers. its hard not to look down on them knowing how things have unfolded to this point. at least you know most casual fans don't know any better...

Banned

After the backlash of the first Decision, Bron's PR team learned a valuable lesson. They handled this one expertly and managed to sell their bullshit 'Coming Home' sap story to the masses and media. Masterfully played.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    After the backlash of the first Decision, Bron's PR team learned a valuable lesson. They handled this one expertly and managed to sell their bullshit 'Coming Home' sap story to the masses and media. Masterfully played.

So when he leaves again in 2016 wonder how they will play that