Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Default Re: True or False: The Rockets got significantly worse this offseason?

with the remaining FA pool there's no one out there left that is worth spending a large chunk of cash on. According to ********* salaries at least, thats what i checked, both Lin and Asik were expirers. Houston gave up draft picks to get rid of them. so they can't sign anyone worth a while this offseason and gave up draft picks to clear room when they could hav eused them even if for a limited amount this year and shed them next year anyways. correct me if i'm wrong though. just trying to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Asik is a huge asset to anyone.

Lin is whatever, a couple picks too. That could bite if they miss the playoffs, which in the West is possible.
    Asik barely played half the season and when he did play, he didn't do much.

He was key in the playoffs but, with Dwight hes not useful for his pay and his demeanor.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Losing Asik is huge. They don't have a bench defensive anchor anymore.

The biggest mistakes was keeping McHale. He got no balls to discipline Harden on so many blown defense. The Rockets got worst this off season and didn't get any improvements at all.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I'd have to agree. Had they landed Bosh, even letting Parsons go, I'd have picked them to finish #2~4 in the West. Now, even though I like Ariza a lot, I got them in the #6~7 range. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they missed the playoffs, considering how much better the Pelicans and Mavs got and the fact Suns and Nuggets should be better.

But plenty of time in FAcy.

Banned

Be ware of Ariza Houston fans. The dude is a contract year player and has shown no consistency throughout his career. He's a catch and shoot player and can't function well without a good PG which Houston doesn't have. Get ready to be disappointed.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
    Be ware of Ariza Houston fans. The dude is a contract year player and has shown no consistency throughout his career. He's a catch and shoot player and can't function well without a good PG which Houston doesn't have. Get ready to be disappointed.
    Harden will make shots for him. Harden has a grand total of one play in pick and roll, and lucky for Ariza it sends the ball right to him.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

Part of Ariza's great succes in Washington was due to the structured offense. I know McHale runs a Read + React system, I don't know if Ariza can be as succesful in that.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Not on the court, no. The Rockets wont miss them much.
    can't wait to see their replacements.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
    with the remaining FA pool there's no one out there left that is worth spending a large chunk of cash on. According to ********* salaries at least, thats what i checked, both Lin and Asik were expirers. Houston gave up draft picks to get rid of them. so they can't sign anyone worth a while this offseason and gave up draft picks to clear room when they could hav eused them even if for a limited amount this year and shed them next year anyways. correct me if i'm wrong though. just trying to understand.
    Didn't the Rockets get a pick for Asik? I know they gave up one to shed Lin, but I think they got the Pelicans pick..which is only top 3 protected iirc.

That could easily be a lottery pick next summer with the loaded West.

The Rockets have to add players now regardless. The only have a few guys right now...right?

Harden/Beverly/Ariza/Howard/Jones/Montejunas

For all the noise, that is actually a great top 6 to have. They just have to fill out the roster.

NBA rookie of the year

Losing Lin wasn't exactly a negative.

Parsons was replaced by Ariza who will fill in just fine.

Asik's lost will hurt them in terms of big depth. Not like he played with Dwight. The chemistry will improve a lot without Asik's bitching.

They still need to make a few more moves.

Morey is a fool with no sense of chemistry or showing appreciation for his players. They are nothing but pawns to him. And they show no loyalty in return.

Same with McHale. Now you know why McHale got to keep his job. Him and morey have the same mindset. And that's why Houston will be a mediocre franchise for a long long time.

Lin is a shitty player so not a big deal to lose him.
    Asik will be the biggest loss imo, but he missed like 1/2 the season and they managed. They have a lot of money to play with so.