Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: George Gervin VS Julius Erving

erving.........gervin was selfish as hell he was the t-mac of 80's

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Nice to see Erving getting praise for his overall game. I thought he was a pretty good defender, rebounder, and passer for the most part.

One of his good defensive displays was the 83' Finals, he was swatting shots like a center.

Peak-prime wise goes to Doc. Mainly due to Doc's edge in all around ability. But Gervin was the most devastating perimeter scorer in the world for several years though. I would give him the slight edge over Doc scoring wise due to his scoring skillset and efficiency. BUT if Doc wasn't playing on that deep ass Philly team, he would have scored 30 PPG multiple seasons. And win some scoring titles.

GOAT wise would go to the Doctor too. BOTH of their stats go up clearly a higher level when u include their ABA stuff. But Doc, Ice, and Thompson were WAY AHEAD of their time in the 70's when they hit their prime. Doc gets his props for sure because he was the face of the league.

BUT the Iceman was a beast who tends to get underrated a bit these days. If u factor his ABA resume, u could ARGUE he's a top 5 GOAT SG. After MJ, Kobe, West, and Wade, I think Iceman is right there.
    Last edited by bizil; 02-08-2019 at 03:22 AM.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

I remember watching highlights of gervin while I was in college and thinking he looked like a great scorer . Wish I could've seen more

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

saw both players play , and Doc was without a doubt a showman , for the Big Stage.

Gervin was slick as ice , he would score on you , before you knew it.
    sneaky ?? Just outstanding players.

Erving Jumper was never really 100% reliable.. he love to drive jsut like Worthy