Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Default Re: Predict Kobe's stats next season. (He has the green light)

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    how is saying he's gonna put up 26/4/4 at 36 trashing him??? it's a complement if anything...
    wasn't referring specifically to your predictions. just a general sense on the board. Although I do think people chronically underrate Kobe's playmaking ability, which has been one of his strong suits his whole career. He set his big men (Shaq, Gasol, even Kwame) up for more easy dunks and layups than any player other than John Stockton or Magic Johnson. Although not sure if there is a stat to track that. Which is why I believe his assist numbers will climb as his scoring dips, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    He'll never have fresh legs again. It's going to be a constant uphill run for him until he retires.

Achilles' tears are serious...and he tore his STRONG leg (left). He's going to be hindered for life from that one at his age. Then he broke his knee. And he's been out for how long?

So you got all that rehab and trying to get back into shape, but anyone who's ever played knows that NOTHING can prepare your for game time except game time. But the problem is that he's old and recovering so it's a long, slow recovery.

But because the Lakers are so lacking in talent...he's going to play heavy minutes whether he likes it or not and because he's so stubborn, he's going to push himself and shot jack like crazy.

He's going to play like shit and get injured again at some point next season. It's too bad because he could really benefit this young team if he took a backseat and played more of a mentor role, but we all know that's not possible with Kobe. His stubbornness is a double edged sword.

So, the Lakers lack so much talent, but he should step back and let that lack of talent win games for the team? the **** are you talking about?

It will be Kobe's show, a better version of the Wizards MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    wasn't referring specifically to your predictions. just a general sense on the board. Although I do think people chronically underrate Kobe's playmaking ability, which has been one of his strong suits his whole career. He set his big men (Shaq, Gasol, even Kwame) up for more easy dunks and layups than any player other than John Stockton or Magic Johnson. Although not sure if there is a stat to track that. Which is why I believe his assist numbers will climb as his scoring dips, not the other way around.
    this is what i see also.

i see his assist and rebounding going up but his scoring going down.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

depends what kobe we see next season. before his achilles injury, we were seeing kobe almost exclusively play by the block as a facilitator. that seems to take a lot of ware on his body, but if he continues to do that, he can be a 20+ppg game with 7+ assists. hard to believe for people who didnt follow him, but watched boxscores only. but he honestly has the skills to be that guy

but like i said, playing down there possession after possession will take a toll on his already breaking down body. so he may just focus solely on scoring. if so, 25/5/5 is a starting point with room to go up or down, depending on health.

Banned

Lmao 35 ppg ur funny, I'll be surprised if kobe has any 2 consecutive games with a total of 35 points or higher

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Don't care, keep his minutes under 30 a game.

He's a 36 year-old wing player, coming off two really bad injuries.

Conserve him. The roster is pure garbage anyway.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

22 ppg on 41%.

Banned

I'm the biggest LeBron fan out there but even I know Kobe's gonna beast this season.

28/5/12

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    depends what kobe we see next season. before his achilles injury, we were seeing kobe almost exclusively play by the block as a facilitator. that seems to take a lot of ware on his body, but if he continues to do that, he can be a 20+ppg game with 7+ assists. hard to believe for people who didnt follow him, but watched boxscores only. but he honestly has the skills to be that guy

but like i said, playing down there possession after possession will take a toll on his already breaking down body. so he may just focus solely on scoring. if so, 25/5/5 is a starting point with room to go up or down, depending on health.
    I think playing like he did in 2011-12 would be better for his health. I just pray to god we don't run a high paced offense with Kobe being the point guard, it will only end badly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GODbe
    I'm the biggest LeBron fan out there but even I know Kobe's gonna beast this season.

28/5/12
    turnovers?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    turnovers?
    Assists.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

I would love to see Kobe play out of the high post primarily. He's so effective from that spot on the floor, easily one of the best in the league. And it takes a lot less toll on his body than trying to run a fast paced game.

If we'd grabbed Phil as our coach instead of D'Antoni a couple years ago... gah still makes me angry.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    so he'll average a career low in assists as he backs off on his scoring? that doesn't make any sense.

He's old and coming off injury. You should expect EVERYTHING to drop and if you're lucky his FG% may improve