Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Default Motivated Bosh expects Heat to contend

On contending without LeBron:

Bosh and Wade have had discussions about leading the team back to title contention without James. Bosh believes the Heat will remain title contenders as long as they keep adding pieces to the supporting cast.

"I think right now we have the correct infrastructure to compete for a championship," Bosh said. "We have to get much better at certain positions, and there's a bunch of things that have to continue to happen. But you know a team like the Spurs, they had a lot of guys that people underestimate, but as a team, they were outstanding.
    On "being the man":

"I think sometimes you miss it," Bosh said. "You wonder if you can still do it and step up to the challenge. I haven't had to be that guy. I played with the best player in the world. I didn't have to be the alpha. But now, I get to see if I have it in me, and not many people are going to believe I have what's necessary. But that's what makes it exciting.
    Bosh isn't lacking for confidence these days after receiving a max deal from the Heat. He insists he'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder, to disprove the doubters who say he can't lead a winning team as a No. 1 option.
    On a Heat-Cavs opening night match up:

"Of course, we're going to win it," Bosh said. "And let me tell you something, nothing's going to change. If anything, I'm going to have a bigger chip on my shoulder. Maybe people in Miami really don't know that side of me, but I want something more than just to compete. I believe in our ability, no matter who I'm playing with. You ask me 10 times, 10 times I'll say yes."
    http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...ead-miami-heat

Default Re: Motivated Bosh expects Heat to contend

Wade is going to be the number 1 option.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Wade is delusional

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    You have to be on the court to be #1. How are you going to build your offense around a guy who plays 60 games?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Wade is delusional
    How is Wade delusional? Dude actually took a paycut.

If I was a betting man, Im betting Wade averages more points and assist then Bosh next year.

Well of course hell average more assists. He's delusional because he often seems to play like he thinks he's still a superstar IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    You have to be on the court to be #1. How are you going to build your offense around a guy who plays 60 games?
    Wade may very well miss alot of games, but in the games he does play he will score more points and average more assist than Bosh in both the regular season and the playoffs. Just like every year of their respective careers.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Well of course hell average more assists. He's delusional because he often seems to play like he thinks he's still a superstar IMO
    He scored more points than Bosh on higher efficiency in the last post season where he apparently lost it....

"I think sometimes you miss it," Bosh said. "You wonder if you can still do it and step up to the challenge. I haven't had to be that guy. I played with the best player in the world. I didn't have to be the alpha. But now, I get to see if I have it in me, and not many people are going to believe I have what's necessary. But that's what makes it exciting.
    Like this quote. Very realistic point of view.

Maybe he can still do it, maybe not, only time will tell.

Playing with Lebron and Wade obviously meant that he got fewer touches, so it's understandable that his ppg went down. However, he has no excuse for not rebounding the ball these past 4 years. Less work on offense should have meant that he got more rebounds, not less.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

If Miami had a legit C, I would think that Bosh could be "the guy". If he is going to mostly be playing the 5, i just don't see him putting up 24/10.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    If Miami had a legit C, I would think that Bosh could be "the guy". If he is going to mostly be playing the 5, i just don't see him putting up 24/10.
    Yep, I agree completely with this. If Oden is resigned and can play throughout the playoffs, Bosh + Wade is enough to get to the ECF in this weak East.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Yep, I agree completely with this. If Oden is resigned and can play throughout the playoffs, Bosh + Wade is enough to get to the ECF in this weak East.
    How many years of dnp's for Oden is there gonna have to be for people to realize he is just done.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

They sleeping on us but it cool doe.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

According to ESPN Bosh from 2011-2014 averaged 23.2 points when LeBron did not play compared to 17.1 when LeBron played. That suggests he is capable of being a scorer comparable to what he was in Toronto. Is Wade still capable of that level of production over a full season? Wade averaged 20 points last year, but took a huge chunk of the season off. He will have to reduce the wear and tear on him during games to last at least 70+ games--or be more productive in a limited period, which likely would doom the Heat. They need Wade to be out there for the lion's share of the season to avoid being a 7th or 8th seed.