Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA All-star

Default Re: Mayweather on Rousey: "I Don't Know Who He Is"

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    I remember this.

Tennis did some guys raw honestly. They made them sponsor women events equally on the tour. So there are dudes that are better tennis players than say a Sharapova making like 2% the money.

it's ****ed up.
    well, the best tennis player in the world ain't the best wii tennis player in the world.

can't garuntee you that though.

killer instincts

Rousey is a woman?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    The f*ck?

If a reporter asks you about someone named "Rodney Rousey" you are going to assume it's a woman?

And Floyd Mayweather is the best boxer in the world, RONDA Rousey is a female UFC fighter. Mayweather has no business knowing her name... even if the guy asking the question called her Ronda instead of Rodney.
    Not only that, but he's a professional boxer, the concept of fighting a woman is not something he's expecting when someone is mentioning other fighters. He's going to assume they're talking about another professional boxer, male.

I'm sure if someone asked him slowly if Dana White would kick his ass, where he can register the name, then he might think it's a girl.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

he didn't put any emphasis on "he"...I don't think he really knew to be honest

It's a female FROM ANOTHER SPORT...not boxing

also, UFC popularity has been on the down swing since 2012, it's been losing popularity/viewers/interest/etc

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    He would demolish her in a fight, lets be real.

This shit reminds me of Serena and Venus Williams challenging any non top 100 male tennis player to a "battle of the sexes" match and then some random dude showed up after smoking a pack of cigs and drinking some beer and then demolished them.
    yeah, Karsten Braasch, dude was 500 in the world at the time and out of his prime

He actually played 18 holes of golf before it, drank few pints of beer and was smoking in between the games while playing like an ass on purpose to make it more competitive

Banned

I could see how this fight would go.

Mayweather would strike, Rousey would dodge and hip toss him on to the floor and KO him

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    I could see how this fight would go.

Mayweather would strike, Rousey would dodge and hip toss him on to the floor and KO him
    Mayweather would destroy her...it would be different if she out weighed him or something, but she doesn't...he is bigger/stronger/faster/etc than she is

I am sure there are just regular bouncers working at nightclubs that would destroy Rousey....much less an elite boxer

At the end of the day she is a female...which have NEVER been able to compete with males at sports requiring physicality...as mentioned earlier the 500th ranked male tennis player absolutely destroyed Serena Williams, who looks like a male.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    You guys really think in all this time one of his buddies hasn't been like "some people think this Rousey chick could beat you up"?

You think him and his buddies surf the web all day for gossip? It's not like this stuff was thrown out on ESPN

Mayweather did exactly what he should do about this whole thing. Make a joke about it and forget it. He has nothing to gain from fighting any MMA fighter much less a woman. He is the biggest fighter on the planet and people challenge him to a sport he doesn't even compete in. Frankly, it's stupid.

This type of discussion grows from the same kind of thinking that started the douchey trend to train MMA so that you can win bar fights.

You guys really think in all this time one of his buddies hasn't been like "some people think this Rousey chick could beat you up"?

This ain't Pac-Man or even Amir Khan, I doubt his buddies care about a UFC chick.

C'mon man. C'mon.

Do you really think none of this Rousey talk had made it back to him? With Twitter, Facebook, etc.? I don't follow MMA or boxing and I know who she is.

It's possible but IMO the reaction he had in that candid video felt legit to me, I don't think he put an extra emphasis on the word "he".

These threads are the only reason I am aware of her. When I do watch MMA I usually only give real focus to the main event.

Some people don't watch MMA, I wouldn't be that shocked if Mayweather doesn't know who Chris Weidman is. These aren't household names really, you have to actually keep up with the sport to know these guys.

You are not a professional fighter! Jesus.
    he is a BOXER, not an MMA fighter, that isn't the same...wtf would he need to keep up with MMA fighters?...FEMALE MMA fighters even?

he also has a rematch in the works with Marcos Maidana...that is probably where his mind is, and not MMA

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    he is a BOXER, not an MMA fighter, that isn't the same...wtf would he need to keep up with MMA fighters?...FEMALE MMA fighters even?

he also has a rematch in the works with Marcos Maidana...that is probably where his mind is, and not MMA

pretty sure Mayweather has gone to MMA events, if not his posse i'm sure has or follows it. its a fight sport, very popular growing fight sport these days at that and very violent with less rules. A fighter or his posse are very likely to follow that.

Wiedman is relatively new champ. I'd say Rousey is way more popular than him right now, in fact ever since Rousey's last 14-15~ sec KO she's really blown up and now becoming the face of MMA, which includes both womens/mens. she's huge right now and they're marketing her big time.

but yeah as someone said earlier Mayweather is smart not to even acknowledge it. Boxing is still leagues more popular than MMA and he doesn't have to. it would never happen but still fun to talk about.

Perhaps Mayweather knows exactly who Rousey is and has nightmares about her every night, but IMO the way he acted in that video feels convincing and there is no reason to assume he is full of shit.

Floyd is an EXTREMELY confident individual...I am not really convinced he would try to dodge a conversation by pretending not to know someone.

They need to just throw Rousey up against a scrub male boxer so we can see how that goes...would probably be a big pay day for both

Not sure how the public would react to a male fighting a female though...that could cause some to outrage

esp if the male just goes in there and beats the piss out of Rousey bringing everyone back to reality