Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: Patty Mills and Aron Baynes crashed fox sports live down under!

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    just like i always say.. nobody gives 2 sh*ts about sanantionio

same thing would happen if duncan jumped infront of a virgin islands reporter

To be completely honest I think most Australians wouldn't recognize Lebron James in the streets. His size would have people thinking he was some sports star but he isn't a household name/face here, hell people wouldn't even recognise Bogut's face in a line up and he has actually been spoken about on the news. Basketball is played a lot here but not many people follow it and they don't show/talk about it on normal tv. Most people don't know anything about modern basketball here and it isn't really covered.

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    To be completely honest I think most Australians wouldn't recognize Lebron James in the streets. His size would have people thinking he was some sports star but he isn't a household name/face here, hell people wouldn't even recognise Bogut's face in a line up and he has actually been spoken about on the news. Basketball is played a lot here but not many people follow it and they don't show/talk about it on normal tv. Most people don't know anything about modern basketball here and it isn't really covered.
    I disagree.... Everyone I know would recognise Lebron immediately. I know many people who don't give two shits about the nba but they still know who Lebron is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    I disagree.... Everyone I know would recognise Lebron immediately. I know many people who don't give two shits about the nba but they still know who Lebron is.
    Not the case where I live, some areas are probably different I guess. Where I am it's all about AFL. We are both making generalisations based on our experiences but I guess my point is acting like it's just San Antonio that no one cares about is silly, the majority of Australians would recognise very few NBA players. Maybe that's a safer generalisation to make.

National High School Star

Not the case where I live, some areas are probably different I guess. Where I am it's all about AFL. We are both making generalisations based on our experiences but I guess my point is acting like it's just San Antonio that no one cares about is silly, the majority of Australians would recognise very few NBA players. Maybe that's a safer generalisation to make.
    I'm going to go slightly different, most people i know have heard the name Lebron James and recognize him with basketball, but not as many people could actually identify him by face.

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Yes I would agree with that, outside of Lebron and Kobe most would be unrecognisable to the average Australian.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    Yes I would agree with that, outside of Lebron and Kobe most would be unrecognisable to the average Australian.
    Most people really only know them from other sources too. More people would probably know Kris Humphries than would know good players.

High School Varsity 6th Man BigMacAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Rugby statue. Must be Australia.
    Aussie rules actually. This was hilarious, tbf to the reporter he is standing outside the collingwood AFL club which is known for the biggest dickhead fans in Australia. He actually mutters "cllingwood idiots" or something to that effect.

I am fairly certain that reporter would of atleast recognised Patty had he not been focused on his report.

Whats the go with the trophy? Do all the boys get to take it home for a few weeks and run a muck with it? lol.
    Last edited by BigMacAttack; 07-17-2014 at 08:01 PM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    just like i always say.. nobody gives 2 sh*ts about sanantionio

same thing would happen if duncan jumped infront of a virgin islands reporter

Boiled down:

5/3/2>>>>>>>5/2/1

Let us proceed.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacAttack
    Aussie rules actually. This was hilarious, tbf to the reporter he is standing outside the collingwood AFL club which is known for the biggest dickhead fans in Australia. He actually mutters "cllingwood idiots" or something to that effect.

I am fairly certain that reporter would of atleast recognised Patty had he not been focused on his report.

Whats the go with the trophy? Do all the boys get to take it home for a few weeks and run a muck with it? lol.
    Yes, I do believe that's the case. Though maybe I'm just making assumptions based off of how the NHL's Stanley Cup works.

Sidenote, funny how Aron says virtually nothing the whole clip, just an assortment of growls and laughter. Adds to the hilarity.

Nice touch by the article dubbing both players as "superstars" as well.

Great stuff all around.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

The reporter got so much shit in Aus