Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Bennett+Wiggins Sitting Out Tonight's Summer League Game

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    There's nothing "ironic" about that at all FFS.
    Sure there is, a bunch of rumors are coming out that Wiggins is on the table, but the Cavs and everyone else is downplaying it saying that Wiggins isn't involved in ANY trade talks for Love right now as of today, but your #1 pick sits tonight when expected to play to get as much experience as he can.

i

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

[QUOTE=Meticode]Sure there is, a bunch of rumors are coming out that Wiggins is on the table, but the Cavs and everyone else is downplaying it saying that Wiggins isn't involved in ANY trade talks for Love right now as of today, but your #1 pick sits tonight when expected to play to get as much experience as he can.

i

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sitting out or not, Wiggins is getting traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Of course not, he's not involved in any trade talks. The players that sat tonight for the Cavaliers have been mentioned for Love for weeks now.
    I don't follow. So, it is common for highly touted rookies to sit in the last SL game unless they are involved in Internet rumors, in which case their sitting means something differently?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I don't follow. So, it is common for highly touted rookies to sit in the last SL game unless they are involved in Internet rumors, in which case their sitting means something differently?
    Don't follow me. It's a dark place. You want none of what I have.

P.S. - Delete my thread I made last night please. About the actual trade happening.

They did the same thing last year with Dion/Zeller. This is not at all uncommon. Everyone is reporting the Cavs planned it from the start of SL.
    Interesting...

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 12m
    With permission of Wolves and NBA, Dan Gilbert and Kevin Love met in Las Vegas during July summer league, sources tell Yahoo Sports.
    I've believed this for the past month. The trade was nearly done during Summer League and even though a lot of teams shut down players towards the end of Summer League. I think in the Cavs case it was because Love coming to Cleveland was imminent.

Banned

Interesting...

I've believed this for the past month. The trade was nearly done during Summer League and even though a lot of teams shut down players towards the end of Summer League. I think in the Cavs case it was because Love coming to Cleveland was imminent.

so isnt this tampering? veto's? na just kobe and the lakers get shafted by the league lol

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    so isnt this tampering? veto's? na just kobe and the lakers get shafted by the league lol
    Nope.

The Lakers got overturned for a completely different reason. It's a completely different situation, not sure why people keep bringing it up.

Interesting...

It has been blatantly obvious for the past month that the deal was done. In fact, we've known that Wiggins and Bennett were going to be gone for about a month, too. Not sure why you chose now to bump this thread.

That final SL game was not an indicator. The final SL games always suck because the best prospects usually don't play in it.

It has been blatantly obvious for the past month that the deal was done. In fact, we've known that Wiggins and Bennett were going to be gone for about a month, too. Not sure why you chose now to bump this thread.

That final SL game was not an indicator. The final SL games always suck because the best prospects usually don't play in it.
    Un huh...