Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Replace Big 3 Era Lebron with Prime Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Legendary?
    It's a hardwood classics game already. Just 6 years old.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Replace Big 3 Era Lebron with Prime Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    It's also absurd to argue that Kobe didn't face any teams that were as good or better than those Celtics. You don't think Kobe ever put up monster series against really good teams?

Put up 34/8/7 52% FG against the 2010 Suns, who were loaded (prime Nash and Amare with elite shooters all over the court).

34/6/6 48% FG in 09 WCF

29/6/4 53% FG in 08 WCF against the defending champs (only needed 5 games to beat them too)

Those are just a few examples.
    When did I ever argue that?

All I said was that acting like it was a lock for Kobe to win that series in place of Lebron is silly.

Just like, for example, acting like it's a lock for Lebron to beat the 02 Kings in place of Kobe is silly. Even though Kobe's series wasn't all that impressive against the Kings to be honest. It's about the margin of error being extremely slim...which it was for the Heat in 12 against the Celtics...even with Lebron playing great.

I hear you Lakers fans all the time say other players couldn't have filled in for Kobe for the 3 peat...but how many series were they actually in danger of losing?

The 00 Blazers series and what else? The Kings...that's about it in those 3 years...right?

Well...take a look at Kobe's series in 02 against the Kings. 27/6/4 49% TS....on your logic...Lebron wins that series and every series easily in place of Kobe during the 3 peat.

Somehow I doubt you would just concede that...even though the arguments for that are a whole lot stronger than Kobe filling in for Lebron in 12.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-21-2014 at 06:54 PM.