Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default African Americans can no longer complain about not being given a chance in the media

Chris Broussard
    Jason Whitlock
    Jemele Hill
    Scoop Jackson
    Stephen A. Smith

To be fair, I like Screamin A. but many do not and the above five are highly questionable talents (though Scoop is somewhat of a revolutionary, though like AI, from another era, and became passe when baggy jeans and Mitchell and Ness jerseys fell out of favor) and the fact that they have kept jobs and earn a living goes to show you how progressive we here in the USA are.

Congrats America, and congrats Wilbon and Bomani Jones (you didn't make my list).

Is Skip Bayless part black? (jokes y'all!)

Cereal doe, the top three are HORRID!

So to my black brothers, you no longer have to be awesome to get a job, you can suck equally as bad as the white folk!

PROGRESS!!!!
    Last edited by Ass Dan; 07-24-2014 at 04:29 AM.

Default Re: African Americans can no longer complain about not being given a chance in the media

It does me sorrow to live in a world where Jemele Hill gets the opportunity to spout her bullshit on national television.

Default Re: African Americans can no longer complain about not being given a chance in the media

Well ESPN as a whole is a hype machine and you can't ask WoJ to do it so you get asshats to do it for a paycheck. People would do anything to be on anywhere, I get your point though.

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    It does me sorrow to live in a world where Jemele Hill gets the opportunity to spout her bullshit on national television.
    The fact that they all work for the same network makes it even worse.

I remember when dudes like Fred Hickman used to kill it. But then came Stu Scott (who I forgot to add to the list) and it has been almost all downhill ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Ass Dan
    The fact that they all work for the same network makes it even worse.

I remember when dudes like Fred Hickman used to kill it. But then came Stu Scott (who I forgot to add to the list) and it has been almost all downhill ever since.
    Wilbon is mostly alright, though he isn't without his ****-ups. (that nba countdown gig, sean taylor article, saying Klinsmann should get sacked for not having Donovan at the wc)

Stuart Scott can be annoying at times, but I usually don't mind him.

Stephen A has a few gold moments:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3xy-FMa2gM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PP4RT-vv-o

NBA Superstar

affirmitive action is stupid as **** and really only holding black people back by straight up telling them that they can't compete without being given a leg up and shit.

Look at sports and music which black people dominate. No affirmative action there and no emotional liberal bullshit.

NBA Superstar

stephen a has a few good moments but they are so rare it doesn't really matter.

he can't say a bad thing about a player without first going on a 2 hour long monologue of how he respects him, how he's friends with him and his family, how they go back, and how he's not calling him a scrub and shit

plus he tries to hard to make a statement on certain shit when it isn't always needed. then all that you get is a man ranting for about 20 minutes on some stupid bullshit when everybody just wants him to shut the fukk up lol.

NBA All-star

people still write good articles, don't they?

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    affirmitive action is stupid as **** and really only holding black people back by straight up telling them that they can't compete without being given a leg up and shit.

Look at sports and music which black people dominate. No affirmative action there and no emotional liberal bullshit.

I'm biased. But I think that the ability to dominate in areas where it is that of a nessecity over areas where it isn't, is critically important.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Black people "dominate music"? Would love to see you try and quantify that.
    turn on the tv once in a while dude

turn on the tv once in a while dude
    Popularity =/= quality

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    Popularity =/= quality
    miley cyrus isn't the best musician in the world right now?

miley cyrus isn't the best musician in the world right now?
    Turn off MTV, CMT, whatever the **** it is. Go outside bro.

Pretty much anyone who has even a casual interest in music acknowledges that we're currently in the Lil B/post-shoegaze renaissance era.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    Behind every hype rapper right now is a white jewish man who is getting rich off of them.

The American education system really is ****ed, isn't it?

(seriously though, a lot of those rappers have agents that are black, and are signed to record companies with mostly black people involved)

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    Behind every hype rapper right now is a white jewish man who is getting rich off of them.

like 30~ years ago yeah..

these days a lot of black people control labels, and they're just as greedy and selfish. nothings changed.