Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: BREAKING: Mavs finalizing deal with Jameer Nelson. 2 yrs/6 million

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    You would be to if you're team was lead by two overpaid babies in coward and haren

Houston has a problem alright
    yessir!

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    No hate, but I think the Mavs got worse. Calderon is being madly underrated and I doubt Tyson can morph out of Magikarp mode at this point in his career.

Parsons is nice, but VC and Marion had SWAG. They are gamers. They're going to be missed.
    Nah, not at all. Calderon is a great shooter but thats it... he is overrated. His play-making ability and assist to t/o ratio is incredibly overrated. Not to mention his defense is the worst ive ever seen, and more importantly, he was a terrible fit with Monta (on defense). I'm glad he is gone.

Tyson is an unknown but till I actually see him play, I'm gonna assume we're getting a rejuvenated Chandler. He was on the Knicks after all... Even if we do get Knicks Chandler, he is still better than Dalembert who is the most inconsistent player I've ever seen. Seriously, 10 games he shows absolutely 0 effort, then has a big game, and then goes back to sleepybert.

VC and Trix is a tough loss but they lost a step and arent getting any younger.

And we got deeper. Even if a lot of things go wrong, I can't see us getting worse
    Last edited by DirkNowitzki41; 07-24-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    tl;dr
    cmon bro. some stuff these rockets fans are saying about every mav related thing is pretty fun. not saying you, but a lot of them are salty as hell

It's a good signing if he plays better than last season...

39% from the floor. Needs some improvement

Jameer will carry the Mavs.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Jameer will carry the Mavs.
    Pretty much this

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
    Nah, not at all. Calderon is a great shooter but thats it... he is overrated. His play-making ability and assist to t/o ratio is incredibly overrated. Not to mention his defense is the worst ive ever seen, and more importantly, he was a terrible fit with Monta (on defense). I'm glad he is gone.

Tyson is an unknown but till I actually see him play, I'm gonna assume we're getting a rejuvenated Chandler. He was on the Knicks after all... Even if we do get Knicks Chandler, he is still better than Dalembert who is the most inconsistent player I've ever seen. Seriously, 10 games he shows absolutely 0 effort, then has a big game, and then goes back to sleepybert.

VC and Trix is a tough loss but they lost a step and arent getting any younger.

And we got deeper. Even if a lot of things go wrong, I can't see us getting worse
    Carter is a tough loss...it was time for Marion to go.

It's too bad we couldn't squeeze Carter under the cap...hard to believe when dirk took 8 ****ing million only.

Hopefully Parsons is worth it...I'm skeptical of that, but I love everything else we've done.

Not airballing my layups anymore

People are REALLY overrating the Mavs. Their ceiling is the second round, Chandler is a shell of what he used to be.

They're a treadmill low seed playoff team.

Sunshine State

Mavs gonna be my West team to watch, and they were already one of my favourite teams

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdu
    People are REALLY overrating the Mavs. Their ceiling is the second round, Chandler is a shell of what he used to be.

They're a treadmill low seed playoff team.
    Definitely possible.

Missing the playoffs is still possible.

I disagree about the ceiling though...the Mavs have a high ceiling, but low floor.

You really think, for example, the Mavs couldn't beat the Clippers in the 2nd round? That would be impossible? Nah..

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Definitely possible.

Missing the playoffs is still possible.

I disagree about the ceiling though...the Mavs have a high ceiling, but low floor.

You really think, for example, the Mavs couldn't beat the Clippers in the 2nd round? That would be impossible? Nah..
    No it wouldn't be impossible but the Clippers would have won in 6 games.

I'm happy for the Mavs, really like Dirk, but I don't see this offseason as a game changer for them. Just a solid one to keep hovering around 50 game win seasons and not having HCA in the first round.

I don't think their D will be very good, just average.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    You would be to if you're team was lead by two overpaid babies in coward and haren

Houston has a problem alright
    Repped!

NBA All-star

I'm just gonna say that if the Mavs lose in the playoff as a higher seed.

we should not place the blame on Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdu
    No it wouldn't be impossible but the Clippers would have won in 6 games.

I'm happy for the Mavs, really like Dirk, but I don't see this offseason as a game changer for them. Just a solid one to keep hovering around 50 game win seasons and not having HCA in the first round.

I don't think their D will be very good, just average.
    What do you mean the Clippers would have won in 6? Last yar? Sure, but this coming year we have a completely different team.

I'm not nearly as high on the Mavs as the basketball world seems to be because I'm very skeptical of Parsons being able to provide on court value that matches his salary.

However, if he does match his salary in value...the other moves we made were excellent. We really improved this team in real ways...and with Chandler/Wright expiring...and Felton on an expiring the year after. There is still a lot of wiggle room on the roster.

Nothing is guaranteed...ever...especially with an aging guy like Dirk. But these moves give the team a chance to make noise in the playoffs...and that is all you can ask for.

This is clearly their best lineup since 2011.

You never know what happens in the West, but something like a WCF run within the next 2 years isn't out of the question. Finals or more, I'm skeptical. In the East a Finals run would definitely be achievable, but in the West San Antonio is still the gold standard for collective ball, OKC still has 2 of the best players in the planet with tons of room for improvement, both individually and as a group, and the Clippers still have a dangerous roster.