Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Do you have enemies?

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    on the contrary, that mentality has gotten me past decades of things which would have otherwise wrecked me. and it sounds like you will find yourself surrounded by enemies with your own mentality.
    Key word is would have wrecked you

I need you to explain the bold part.

Because quite frankly, as Bruce Lee said "hack away at the inessentials", i only surround myself with people who make me better and am adding by subtracting things in my life which includes grudges, but at the same time i'm on my toes to "strike" at anything or anyone in my way. To get to where I want to go i'll have things or people in my way, and they're my enemies that will get destroyed. That's more philosophical then literal, it's a mind frame. Historically, man in it's essence is about conquering. Whether it be politically, economics, or just personal. You can only take it to the next level, by stopping the next person from getting there first. You can't just NOT play the game otherwise you'll be forgotten. I was like you last year when i was buying into a lot of buddhist philisophy but i've discarded a lot of it, i've only held onto philisophies about centering oneself.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 07-25-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Good High School Starter LOLCATS's Avatar

I dont believe in keeping grudges, it just hurts you in the long run.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by LOLCATS
    I dont believe in keeping grudges, it just hurts you in the long run.
    Just like keeping secrets from your wife.

   

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss
    Key word is would have wrecked you

I need you to explain the bold part.

Because quite frankly, as Bruce Lee said "hack away at the inessentials", i only surround myself with people who make me better and am adding by subtracting things in my life which includes grudges, but at the same time i'm on my toes to "strike" at anything or anyone in my way. To get to where I want to go i'll have things or people in my way, and they're my enemies that will get destroyed. That's more philosophical then literal, it's a mind frame. Historically, man in it's essence is about conquering. Whether it be politically, economics, or just personal. You can only take it to the next level, by stopping the next person from getting there first. You can't just NOT play the game otherwise you'll be forgotten. I was like you last year when i was buying into a lot of buddhist philisophy but i've discarded a lot of it, i've only held onto philisophies about centering oneself.
    LIFE is about conquering and competition. it's built-in from the very first cells on earth.

MAN is about -that- in combination with tribalism (community, brothers and sisters). this goes back as much as 6+ million years, and produces such things as sacrificing for a stranger as well as 'us against them' thinking.

one day you may be able to get more from buddhism and realise it may have more to teach you. it certainly does for me.

IMO the big point is to understand the various systems in life and the various roles we must play. sometimes that means being an alpha beast, sometimes a pacifist with thick skin, other times something in-between. as bruce lee also said-- "be like water, my friend."

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Just like keeping secrets from your wife.
    You know nothing about me, my wife or our relationship and I know you are trying to offend me but you should think before you speak, for your own sake.

I only have one enemy his name is Sandy. He bullied me in 4th grade then I punched him and almost Knocked him out.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by LOLCATS
    You know nothing about me, my wife or our relationship and I know you are trying to offend me but you should think before you speak, for your own sake.
    I'm not trying to offend you. I just feel like you should be honest to your wife and tell her about your past adventures.

I'm not trying to offend you. I just feel like you should be honest to your wife and tell her about your past adventures.
    Why? I have already spoken about this, what would be the point? Do you go into detail with your wife/girlfriend about you ex girlfriends? Who does that? She has seen a couple pictures and spoken to one of my exes in the street, thats all she needs to know. Shes not even interested to know anymore than that, so why would I even bring it up? And even if I did how would that help our relationship? If anything it would cause unnecessary strain on our marriage.

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Is there a thread around here that mentions him and his past adventures? If so.....could you point me in the right direction?

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfan86
    Is there a thread around here that mentions him and his past adventures? If so.....could you point me in the right direction?
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=348223

Your welcome. I think he talked about it a bit more in other places but this was the origin. Buckle up, its quite a read. He starts on the second page.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    LIFE is about conquering and competition. it's built-in from the very first cells on earth.

MAN is about -that- in combination with tribalism (community, brothers and sisters). this goes back as much as 6+ million years, and produces such things as sacrificing for a stranger as well as 'us against them' thinking.

one day you may be able to get more from buddhism and realise it may have more to teach you. it certainly does for me.

IMO the big point is to understand the various systems in life and the various roles we must play. sometimes that means being an alpha beast, sometimes a pacifist with thick skin, other times something in-between. as bruce lee also said-- "be like water, my friend."
    I have 3 questions for you

1) Would you say your a patient person? If so how do you slow down.
    2) Whats your opinion about friendships
    3) Do you feel content? If so, when did it occur and why. If not, then skip this

College superstar

Yes.

I won't go into fine details but when I was a teenager my mum was extorted for money by her partner. It's left her in significant money problems for the rest of her life. That is my enemy.

I know where this man lives and have often thought about slitting his throat.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    Yes.

I won't go into fine details but when I was a teenager my mum was extorted for money by her partner. It's left her in significant money problems for the rest of her life. That is my enemy.

Instead of being a noob, why dont you work extra hard and dedicate your life to making enough money to allow you mum to live a financially healthy life? Whats done is done, the money isnt going to pour out of his neck if you slit his throat.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    Yes.

Have you ever spoken to him?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Instead of being a noob, why dont you work extra hard and dedicate your life to making enough money to allow you mum to live a financially healthy life? Whats done is done, the money isnt going to pour out of his neck if you slit his throat.
    It's easy for you to say. I still have family members who no longer have contact because of what happened. People can think what ever they like it doesn't matter to me or change how I feel.

I only want to harm one person on this Earth.