Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Do you have a problem with the botched executions that have occurred recently?

i think its a oxymoron to have compassion for someone you sentence to the death penalty. he obviously did something awful to deserve public execution and you're giving him something awful, but then you care if he suffers from dying

i mean are all of these compassionate people against the death penalty to begin with?

Default Re: Do you have a problem with the botched executions that have occurred recently?

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    People dont always die right away after they get beheaded though. Sometimes the head survives for a few minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    i mean are all of these compassionate people against the death penalty to begin with?
    I have a problem with this and I am against the death penalty.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Well then why not just torture them for a year before executing them then? May as well get rid of their last meal and shit too.

Because youd have to have other people perform the torture and thats not something you want to encourage or condone as a society. But that last meal shit is bullshit. Theres fukcing honest, innocent Americans who never get to eat a meal that good, and we're fukcing catering meals for convicted murderers???

Honestly I dont know how someone walking to their execution can keep a big ass meal like that down anyhow.

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    about how I feel. it was only about an hour, he caused a lifetime of suffering for the victims' family.
    Was that hour of suffering included in the sentence?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Why is Europe refusing to sell us those drugs? Oh because they don't have the death penalty. Like normal people.
    Europe is in shambles

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Because youd have to have other people perform the torture and thats not something you want to encourage or condone as a society. But that last meal shit is bullshit. Theres fukcing honest, innocent Americans who never get to eat a meal that good, and we're fukcing catering meals for convicted murderers???

Honestly I dont know how someone walking to their execution can keep a big ass meal like that down anyhow.
    Dude... a person is going to lose their life in a matter of minutes, why begrudge them a damn meal? Its not like they have been chilling this whole time they have been in prison with no good food for decades while they waited for their execution.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by travelingman
    Was that hour of suffering included in the sentence?

Apparently it was included in God's sentence.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Dude... a person is going to lose their life in a matter of minutes, why begrudge them a damn meal? Its not like they have been chilling this whole time they have been in prison with no good food for decades while they waited for their execution.

maybe because they did something incredibly awful, and somehow people think they deserve rewards?

NBA Superstar

Well then why not just torture them for a year before executing them then? May as well get rid of their last meal and shit too.

It's wrong in the sense that we came to an agreement as a society regarding the punishment the person deserved then went above and beyond that.

i guess i should read the death penalty agreement we came to since i always thought it was just certain states being able to kill people instead of only incarcerate.

i'd be all for torturing for a year, in fact the victims family should get them tied up in some prison cell and do whatever they want to them. to me that would be justice.

it might actually make killers scared to kill knowing what they're in for....criminals don't really care because we're way too soft.

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

Apparently it was included in God's sentence.
    This reply delivered.

Talking Re: Do you have a problem with the botched executions that have occurred recently?

They're not always big!

Here's a list of all the last meals:

http://web.archive.org/web/200312022...finalmeals.htm

And here are a few from the list:

(Can't keep this down)
    Two 16 oz. ribeyes, one lb. turkey breast (sliced thin), twelve strips of bacon, two large hamburgers with mayo, onion, and lettuce, two large baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, cheese, and chives, four slices of cheese or one-half pound of grated cheddar cheese, chef salad with blue cheese dressing, two ears of corn on the cob, one pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream, and four vanilla Cokes or Mr. Pibb

(Can keep this down)
    None requested

(Other Neat Ones)
    One cup of hot tea (from tea bags) and six chocolate chip cookies
    ---
    Cool Whip and cherries
    ---
    One pot of coffee
    ---
    French fries, five pieces of fried chicken, and three Dr. Peppers
    ---
    1 bag of assorted Jolly Ranchers
    ---
    (The troll of this particular prison)
    God's saving grace, love, truth, peace and freedom
    ---
    Ice cream
    ---
    Two boxes of frosted flakes and a pint of milk

I don't have a problem with botched executions, I have a problem with executions in general. It is a part of this world, and it isn't something I agree with.

NBA Superstar

A reward would be l "oh you killed that family? Congrats, here's a hundred dollars."

Do you also think giving them book is a reward? Or letting them speak to their family? Why grant them any lenience at all? Just keep them in a pitch black concrete room and only give them enough food, water, and medical attention to survive until their big day. Let them sit in their own piss and shit too.

Ultimately they spend years imprisoned only to be executed; I fail to see how that constitutes a "reward."

anything to make them happy or content is a reward. they don't deserve that. i don't get the thought process of why you feel people who have committed the worst of human acts deserve that at all....

are you religious? i'm thinking maybe your rationale is they'll get what they deserve in hell?

otherwise their death row and execution should be 'hell'..since i don't really believe they're going to a 'hell'.

and honestly if the death penalty was painless, they're getting off WAY too ez.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 07-25-2014 at 08:58 PM.

NBA Superstar

Their punishment is death. Spending years in prison knowing you're going to be executed, and living with the guilt of what you've done, what your friends and family must think of you, all of that shit weighing on your conscience as you just count the days until you're put down, again, in prison...sounds pretty hellish to me even if certain small privileges are granted.

And no, I'm not religious.

you're banking on they reflect and have a conscience. i'd think the last people in this world to have one are people on death row. i'm sure in some cases there are killers who are sincerely remorseful but in general i'd think not most...and i'm sure there are some who are laughing in everyones face, including the victims family.

death can be a reward to some people who are tortured by life. EZ pain free death can be a blessing. ever hear of clean edge sword death? they always say that is a good death in stuff like GoT and those ancient times shows...i don't believe death in itself is that much of a penalty. tortured painful death is tho guaranteed.

i mean just picture someone murdering your parents cruelly, or your kid. Are you really okay with a pain free death and thats it? where he died content after a last meal and just having accepted God from a Chaplain?
    Last edited by Godzuki; 07-25-2014 at 09:17 PM.