Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA All-star

Default Re: Why is Mandela celebrated?

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    He achieved a cult status for himself, not much else.

you know how long it takes for someone like that to come around during FA?

Every great leader has flaws. Wasn't Martin Luther King Jr supposedly accused of plagiarism? Or beating two woman in his hotel room?

I don't know.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Every great leader has flaws. Wasn't Martin Luther King Jr supposedly accused of plagiarism? Or beating two woman in his hotel room?

I don't know.
    How is plagiarism and being accused of beating two women the same as being a known terrorist responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people? He served prison time for being a murderer and then got out a hero? Wtf

How is plagiarism and being accused of beating two women the same as being a known terrorist responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people? He served prison time for being a murderer and then got out a hero? Wtf
    Just using examples. Maybe others can find a closer example. But, history does brainwash

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    What exactly did Mandela achieve? South Africa today is worse than ever.
    You sound like Phil Robertson, arguing that blacks had it better in the Jim Crow south.

POS right-winger.

Your the one who is an absolute idiot. He wasnt "associated" with the ANC, he was the one giving the orders to blow up the buildings. He had a lot of blood on his hands. People act like he is a saint, but he was no different than any leader who kills innocents to get what he wants. Him and his followers killed MANY people. Get educated before you start calling someone else stupid.
    Let me make another point by taking your approach and your own logic against you.

A question: Do you consider the founding fathers of America to be terrorists? Guys like George Washington, John Adams, Jefferson, etc? They were willing to go to any measure to get freedom from the ruling British government. Our founding fathers blew up buildings, foundries, etc during their fight.

The British considered George Washington a traitor/terrorist at that time. If British had won, Washington would have been brought up by British government on charges similar to that of terrorism, much like Mandela was by the South African government. 156 acts of terrorism you mentioned for Mandela? Founding fathers would have been more by the British.

During the Revolutionary War, thousands of civilians including women and children were killed by American side. If British had won, the founding fathers like George Washington would have gotten the punishment for it. So is George Washington a terrorist?

Just like you conveniently left out the things the South African government was doing, I'm leaving out the things the British did. I can make the same argument you made about MLK Jr and perhaps even Gandhi by looking at one single perspective. I can make MLK Jr and Gandhi both into terrorists.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Let me make another point by taking your approach and your own logic against you.

A question: Do you consider the founding fathers of America to be terrorists? Guys like George Washington, John Adams, Jefferson, etc? They were willing to go to any measure to get freedom from the ruling British government. Our founding fathers blew up buildings, foundries, etc during their fight.

The British considered George Washington a traitor/terrorist at that time. If British had won, Washington would have been brought up by British government on charges similar to that of terrorism, much like Mandela was by the South African government. 156 acts of terrorism you mentioned for Mandela? Founding fathers would have been more by the British.

During the Revolutionary War, thousands of civilians including women and children were killed by American side. If British had won, the founding fathers like George Washington would have gotten the punishment for it. So is George Washington a terrorist?

Just like you conveniently left out the things the South African government was doing, I'm leaving out the things the British did. I can make the same argument you made about MLK Jr and perhaps even Gandhi by looking at one single perspective. I can make MLK Jr and Gandhi both into terrorists.
    How about the fact that no one talks about America rounding up asians and putting them in detainment camps during the world war, the conditions were in no way comparable to other nations but i've still heard people weren't looked after very well in them. No one brings that up. Or Columbus who was genocidal but gets a pass.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd

I agree with everything you just said, they were all terrorists in one form or another. America as a country ever since Christopher Columbus had been and continues to be the country that performs the most terrorist attacks. How does that change the validity of what I said about Mandela?

NBA All-star

why do we act like a person's idea about the future doesn't matter?

why do we act like the failure of a person's offspring should be associated with the parents

why do we act like when someone who has spent the wealth of their family because of their lack of ability is anything close to the comparison of someone like Mandela?

Since he might just be the one who took advantage of that.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    why do we act like a person's idea about the future doesn't matter?

why do we act like the failure of a person's offspring should be associated with the parents

why do we act like when someone who has spent the wealth of their family because of their lack of ability is anything close to the comparison of someone like Mandela?

Since he might just be the one who took advantage of that.
    Im not sure what you saying here. But Mandela should have been sentenced to death, Im sure anyone else would have been.

NBA All-star

Im not sure what you saying here. But Mandela should have been sentenced to death, Im sure anyone else would have been.

I walk around sometimes, and I do wonder what exactly does the UN do or stand for.