Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tea Party Congressman makes a spash, first day on commitee

Check out this video. I'm familiar with your country and I love your country.
    http://vimeo.com/101737613
    http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/po...for_foreigners

And if you're not aware of the rituals of Congress, there is ALWAYS a printed handout that states the job titles of everyone appearing before the commitee.

In an intensely awkward congressional hearing of the House Foreign Affairs Committee on Thursday, freshman Rep. Curt Clawson misidentified two senior U.S. government officials as representatives of the Indian government.
    The two officials, Nisha Biswal and Arun Kumar, are Americans who hold senior positions at the State Department and Commerce Department, respectively. Although both Biswal and Kumar were introduced as U.S. officials by the chairman of the Asia and Pacific subcommittee, Clawson repeatedly asked them questions about "your country" and "your government," in reference to the state of India.
    "I'm familiar with your country; I love your country,"
    the Florida Republican said. "Anything I can do to make the relationship with India better, I'm willing and enthusiastic about doing so."
    Apparently confused by their Indian surnames and skin color, Clawson also asked if "their" government could loosen restrictions on U.S. capital investments in India.
    Following Clawson's opening statement, Rep. Eliot Engel, the full panel's ranking Democrat, appeared eager to point out that Biswal and Kumar work for the United States. "Thank you both for your service to our country, it's very much appreciated," New York's Engel said.

Default Re: Tea Party Congressman makes a spash, first day on commitee

People are electing these idiots, it's not like he just assumed command of the office. So of course, part of the blame lies on the population. But it's not like there's actually many viable options in the current system.

Garbage in, garbage out. You have a population of unenlightened dimwits going to the polls, they're going to elect unenlightened dimwits to represent them.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Check out this video. I'm familiar with your country and I love your country.
    http://vimeo.com/101737613
    http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/po...for_foreigners

And if you're not aware of the rituals of Congress, there is ALWAYS a printed handout that states the job titles of everyone appearing before the commitee.
    Politics aside, that video was downright cringeworthy - worse than I thought it'd be. That smile, their confusion, his "let's see some progress". That one hurt good.

NBA Legend

I was actually on the fence about joining the Tea Party before watchin this vid...

But now Im in with both feet.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    I was actually on the fence about joining the Tea Party before watchin this vid...

But now Im in with both feet.

ughhh seriously? ...i can't even believe they're still getting members, i was thinking they were having mass exodus's these days.

NBA Superstar

To be fair those 2 people were dressed as civilians and in chairs that looked like they were appearing in front of Congress or a Congressional committee.

anyone that votes for a tea party member or supports them should never ever complain about a do nothing Congress. there aren't bigger government 'their way or the highway' obstructionists than these assholes. you're basically supporting government obstruction with zero will to negotiate....which is everything wrong with politicians today.

summing all politicians up as bad is retarded but thats what retarded people often do who don't follow shit...tea party is relatively new thing where these assholes get elected by a base that is fanatical in their views with no compromise, and thats what they do in office.

i think they annoy me more than the foreign conspiracy history idiots always blaming the US for everything. fukkin hate the tea party, they are a big reason the system is broken and they encourage unwillingness to compromise(on the right)....still not over the free government vacation they gave on taxpayers dime costing tens of millions all to try and blackball the ACA away under the initial guise of the debt. they also were the reason our credit rating got dropped years ago...self destructive obstructionist fgts. almost like the political version of suicide bombers unless they get their way.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 07-26-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    To be fair those 2 people were dressed as civilians and in chairs that looked like they were appearing in front of Congress or a Congressional committee.

anyone that votes for a tea party member or supports them should never ever complain about a do nothing Congress. there aren't bigger government 'their way or the highway' obstructionists than these assholes. you're basically supporting government obstruction with zero will to negotiate....which is everything wrong with politicians today.

summing all politicians up as bad is retarded but thats what retarded people often do who don't follow shit...tea party is relatively new thing where these assholes get elected by a base that is fanatical in their views with no compromise, and thats what they do in office.

i think they annoy me more than the foreign conspiracy history idiots always blaming the US for everything. fukkin hate the tea party, they are a big reason the system is broken and they encourage unwillingness to compromise(on the right)....still not over the free government vacation they gave on taxpayers dime costing tens of millions all to try and blackball the ACA away under the initial guise of the debt. they also were the reason our credit rating got dropped years ago...self destructive obstructionist fgts. almost like the political version of suicide bombers unless they get their way.
    Tea party is a little too left leaning for my liking.

NBA Legend

Kudos to OP for the pun in the title, altho he probably stole it

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    As I mentioned there is always a printed description of everyone who appears before the committee and foreigners rarely testify to Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Kudos to OP for the pun in the title, altho he probably stole it
    Didn't steal it. Didn't even realize I was in pun territory. 'Twas inadvertant.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Garbage in, garbage out. You have a population of unenlightened dimwits going to the polls, they're going to elect unenlightened dimwits to represent them.
    I

Banned

Very cringe worthy and the Tea Party and their watchdogs are idiots.

Wow. That's absolutely inexcusable.

the tea party wasn't always terrible. In the beginning wasn't it made up with people across multiple political parties and agendas. It sort of reminded me of the early years of the Reform party(Canadian Politics)

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

The problem with Curt is that he's just a businessman trying to go to Washington to change the current establishment.

He just got elected a couple of months back and probably has a lot of catching up to do. Seems like an honest mistake, but apparently some of you are satisfied with the current establishment and rather demonize the entire Tea Party as a whole due to his blunder.