Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Default Re: Question for Atheist/Non Believers

Honestly, questions like these never end well especially on the internet. At the end of the day you are set in what you believe and I doubt some poster on insidehoopa can change your mind. Religion is not something I think about often. I really don't care what others believe. Me personally, I guess that makes me an atheist since I have never read the bible and never been to church. I also have no desire to. However, I will never shoot someone down for believing or ask them a question to prove that something does/does not exist.

ohhhhhhhhh my god shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    ohhhhhhhhh my god shut up
    I believe I won this. Enjoy your fornication, God will punish thee soon enough. I won't pray for you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness
    Give me empirical evidence this didn't happen. I can prove God's existence, simply look around.
    There are religious books and legal codes that predate the redacted Nicene Christian bible by centuries. And all of the murdering, 'pilgrimaging', etc that occurred before the writing of the select books of the bible that were canonized, still occurred afterwards... sometimes in the name of said writings.

Nice try, no dogmatic Atheist can win in an argument.
    Morals don't exist. We mostly only do things out of self interest. As a society, we all agree to not accept things like murder and rape, not because of "morals" but out of self interest. If murder is acceptable, I'm going to get murdered at some point. If rape is acceptable, every woman is going to get raped. Because we as a society agree not to accept rape and murder, it grants us safety. If all of us agree not to murder, all of us get to live without being murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    There are religious books and legal codes that predate the redacted Nicene Christian bible by centuries. And all of the murdering, 'pilgrimaging', etc that occurred before the writing of the select books of the bible that were canonized, still occurred afterwards... sometimes in the name of said writings.
    Never has religion done harm. Only people under the banner of.

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    I do not believe in any religion, as they have all been proven to contain errors, contradictions and mistakes. But I believe there is a creator who made all this possible, I just dont know who.
    What in Islam has been proven wrong? It's one thing to have an opinion, but atheists spill more bs than any other religion really. Say random made up bullshit they just thought of just to get their point across.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Atheism is not a religion, and the burden of proof is on the believers.
    The way yall go on about it sure does make it seem like a religion. Preaching your beliefs, telling others they are wrong and stupid for not believing like you, holding it close to your heart how you don't believe in god, etc.

You might be a more religious atheist than most on this site are religious christian/muslim/jew. ****in extremist.

Banned

Never has religion done harm. Only people under the banner of.
    More horse shit. But regardless... what does any of that have to do with your original assertion that morality didn't exist before the bible?

The teachings of the Buddha and Zoroaster predate Christianity by 400-600 years. Hamarabi's code was written 1700+ years before Jesus supposedly existed.

So... yeah.

Give me empirical evidence this didn't happen. I can prove God's existence, simply look around.
    Lol confirmed troll

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    What in Islam has been proven wrong?
    Oh, I dunno. The flat earth, the flat sun, our sun being further away than the stars, the moon splitting open, women getting pregnant by semen mixing with period blood, mountains holding the earth in place to keep it from tipping over, earth was created in 6 days, winged horses with human heads, genies......

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Please cite examples where I've done any such thing.
    Trying to tell Nowitness that the bible is bs, and when he said to see a sign of god all you had to do was look around aka life all around the world, you said he was "trolling". You think what he said was so stupid to you, that he must be trolling.

I personally don't think ALL of the bible is bs, but it has been changed by man many times so imo there is some bs in there, but that is only looking at it from my pov as a Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Trying to tell Nowitness that the bible is bs, and when he said to see a sign of god all you had to do was look around aka life all around the world, you said he was "trolling". You think what he said was so stupid to you, that he must be trolling.
    He's either trolling or does not know the definition of proof. He didn't say anything about seeing a "sign of god". He said that the world around is proof that there is a god.

I was trolling in fairness. Glad to see that the majority here are either Atheist or simply see religious B.S (I can't respect agnostics, they refuse to comment basically).

I was trolling in fairness. Glad to see that the majority here are either Atheist or simply see religious B.S (I can't respect agnostics, they refuse to comment basically).
    I'd guess that most atheists are agnostic atheists.