Default INtuitive Stretching for Weightlifters & Atheletes

I've been following Elliott Hulse for a while. I don't care much for the products he promotes sometimes, but more on the knowledge he knows about the body. Tons of people don't stretch enough, here are some great stretches for something that often goes ignored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjZF...Yh3yShLFQC0stg

Banned

Default Re: INtuitive Stretching for Weightlifters & Atheletes

Stretching is great for the body. When I use to lift weights, I would have a day where I stretch inside the aerobics room and stare at the women. Anyways, it loosens you up so you don't look like a damn stiff with the added muscle.

If you really want to take your mobility to the next game check out Kelly Starrett. The guy is a literal genius. Don't dismiss him just because he's affiliated with cross-fit. I get why people don't like CF and i agree, I'm not a fan either. But this dude is the holy grail of movement.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    If you really want to take your mobility to the next game check out Kelly Starrett. The guy is a literal genius. Don't dismiss him just because he's affiliated with cross-fit. I get why people don't like CF and i agree, I'm not a fan either. But this dude is the holy grail of movement.
    Why isn't Cross Fit good for you? I was contemplating to join.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Why isn't Cross Fit good for you? I was contemplating to join.
    It's not that it's not good for you, but it helps develop bad habits.

The biggest thing I hear professionals is that CrossFit promotes extremely bad form which results in a lot of injuries. Elite athletes that have never gotten injuries seriously playing their sport somehow majorly injuries themselves doing CrossFit. Some of their dead lifting routines and forms they want you to do is absolutely retarded. Also the lack of guidance through the program just compounds the problem.

Also for whatever reason many people who do it get an elitest attitude where if you haven't done CrossFit you're not as good as them.

CrossFit Fails Compilation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuHm9YMUHh8

Yeah at the top of CF and elite level, its good, you have well experienced, conditioned and strong athletes who are technically sound. Keyword: athletes.

Its marketed towards the general population and quite honestly... high volume olympic lifting/deadlifts/squats don't mix well with your average gym goer. Some of its just a fad thing.

CF is a "jack of all trades" fitness. The problem is... you'll never master or achieve a decent level of success in any facet of training (oly/PL/BB/gymnastics/etc). Another reason why I don't like it is because its more "exercise" than "training". 2 very different things.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    It's not that it's not good for you, but it helps develop bad habits.

The biggest thing I hear professionals is that CrossFit promotes extremely bad form which results in a lot of injuries. Elite athletes that have never gotten injuries seriously playing their sport somehow majorly injuries themselves doing CrossFit. Some of their dead lifting routines and forms they want you to do is absolutely retarded. Also the lack of guidance through the program just compounds the problem.

Also for whatever reason many people who do it get an elitest attitude where if you haven't done CrossFit you're not as good as them.

CrossFit Fails Compilation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuHm9YMUHh8
    Funny that you mentioned that elitist attitude. That is why I decided not to join.

lol Crossfit is a brand name. Not a way of training. It's just circuit training, nothing special. It doesn't promote bad form either.

Some idiots wanted to make money off it, and clearly taught their students wrong, which can happen with any practice.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    lol Crossfit is a brand name. Not a way of training. It's just circuit training, nothing special. It doesn't promote bad form either.

Some idiots wanted to make money off it, and clearly taught their students wrong, which can happen with any practice.
    It promotes bad form because the lack of guidance their leaders give you to do some of the lifts they want you to do. So I'm going to 100% disagree with you there. They'll send a novice out there to have the blind leading the blind and they'll make them do these lifts out of instinct and not out of legit preparation. It's a poorly ran system with a lot of amateurs to push the dollar of what you just mentioned, the brand name.

NBA Superstar

This is by far the best stretching routine that I have come across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foGfkZjCHm0