Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Re: Religion aside, abortion is wrong. All babies deserve a chance to live

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    tldr
    Game.Set.Match

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Religion aside, abortion is wrong. All babies deserve a chance to live

Abortions and Crime: Freakonomics Movie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk6gOeggViw
    Discuss

Levitt's Crime Research: Freakonomics Movie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rDdMlKV2Mg
    Discuss
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 07-27-2014 at 01:09 PM.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Abortions and Crime: Freakonomics Movie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk6gOeggViw
    Discuss

Levitt's Crime Research: Freakonomics Movie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rDdMlKV2Mg
    Discuss
    Its a cheap road to take. Crime can be fixed by improving peoples quality of life, not by denying them life so they have no potential to be criminals. Thats just ignoring the real issue.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Its a cheap road to take. Crime can be fixed by improving peoples quality of life, not by denying them life so they have no potential to be criminals. Thats just ignoring the real issue.
    Lets be honest, that would take money that this country isnt willing to spend.

College superstar

Abortion when used as a form of contraception I completely disagree with.

However if a woman had gotten pregnant from being raped I'd have a hard time telling her she's in the wrong by getting an abortion. I'm still very much on the fence regarding this issue.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by step_back

However if a woman had gotten pregnant from being raped I'd have a hard time telling her she's in the wrong by getting an abortion. I'm still very much on the fence regarding this issue.
    Yeah I agree with the rape thing, it gets really dicey at that point.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by step_back

Abortions to prevent the birth of a baby conceived by rape are about 1% of all abortions.

Also medically necessary abortions are less than 1% of abortions.

If you believe that abortions should only be legal for rape and to save the mothers life, you believe that 98%+ of abortions should be illegal.

Even though, according to Planned Parenthood’s own statistics, less than 1% of all abortions are performed on women who were raped or were victims of incest, pro-choice activists insist that abortion must be legal for these women, even if it leads to thousands of women a year having abortions for other reasons.

Good college starter

Abortions to prevent the birth of a baby conceived by rape are about 1% of all abortions.

If you believe that abortions should only be legal for rape and to save the mothers life, you believe that 98%+ of abortions should be illegal.
    Yes, exactly that.

Lets be honest, that would take money that this country isnt willing to spend.
    Greed, the source of these problems.

Next.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by BlkMambaGOAT
    Greed, the source of these problems.

Next.
    I wouldnt support the level of redistribution, I believe is needed to solve the poverty problem in America.

I want tax rates at the clinton levels, a full repeal of the bush tax cuts. That wouldnt be enough to eliminate poverty.

i dont think societies that tax at 50% of income or higher are fair societies. (nominal tax rates are meaningless, I am talking about actual effective tax rates)
    Also that would hurt the economy in the long run

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Yes, exactly that.
    Good luck repealing roe v. wade

Good college starter

Good luck repealing roe v. wade
    I told you that there are other ways of cleaning up crime than killing kids. The two are mutually exclusive.

I wouldnt support the level of redistribution, I believe is needed to solve the poverty problem in America.

I want tax rates at the clinton levels, a full repeal of the bush tax cuts. That wouldnt be enough to eliminate poverty.

i dont think societies that tax at 50% of income or higher are fair societies. (nominal tax rates are meaningless, I am talking about actual effective tax rates)
    Also that would hurt the economy in the long run
    Ideally, they should cap the networth of every person to about $20 million then any money they have above $20 million is distributed to the poorest people in the country.

But that ain't happening since people want to make it rain 24/7. Any person that can't live a happy life with 20 million has a fvcking problem

*Taxes will taken into consideration later.

College superstar

Then I disagree with 98% of abortions. Making it illegal to have an abortion if it's not from rape or medically necessary changes my attitude. I don't think abortions should be illegal. I like the idea of people being able to make decisions for themselves without the government stepping in.

I think we need to have a better approach to sex education out of wed lock. Contraception is still a taboo among many families.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by BlkMambaGOAT
    Ideally, they should cap the networth of every person to about $20 million then any money they have above $10 million is distributed to the poorest people in the country.

But that ain't happening since people want to make it rain 24/7. Any person that can't live a happy life with 20 million has a fvcking problem
    Nah I dont agree with that, that would be terrible. You could always run into some crazy debt and need that money that you worked hard for. Plus 20m isnt enough for some lifestyles.