NBA Superstar

Default If you hadn't received a BGE bill for about 4-5 months~

you call in and inquire about it, and they tell you you're getting solar power even though you know you're not.....

keep in mind they just put these new Smart meters in less than a year~ ago or so...

would you come clean and try to remedy the situation to get your normal billing? or would you let it go for however long and see what happens?

I'm really torn here. thing is i even called in and talked to some lady and explained the situation since i am rather responsible, and i could tell she had a reaction like they/someone really fukked up bad, and said they would call me back...haven't received a call/bill since and its been about a month since.

considering it comes to about a couple hundred a month depending on time of year thats a LOT of money.

Whats going thru my mind now is even if they try to hit me with some ridiculous retroactive billing, i can always argue the Smart meters aren't accurate or untrustworthy and maybe even take that to court where i think they may settle if it comes to that. So i'm leaning towards just waiting this out.

how would u handle it?

Default Re: If you hadn't received a BGE bill for about 4-5 months~

I'd call and tell them i didn't receive it and make sure I have some sort of record of the call. They will argue it's your fault, and even though it's not, how do you prove that? At some point someone will figure it out.

My wife had these huge medical bills insurance paid, and they didn't cash a check, and the insurance sent it to us again, and i called and told them they didn't cash it and they swore up and down they did. So, i kept it and cashed it so i had the money and send them a letter say HEY MORONS I HAVE YOUR MONEY TELL ME IF YOU EVER WANT IT.

2 years later they called for the money (which was a few thousand dollars). All pissy, and i drove down with the cash and the letter and they apologized.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: If you hadn't received a BGE bill for about 4-5 months~

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I'd call and tell them i didn't receive it and make sure I have some sort of record of the call. They will argue it's your fault, and even though it's not, how do you prove that? At some point someone will figure it out.

My wife had these huge medical bills insurance paid, and they didn't cash a check, and the insurance sent it to us again, and i called and told them they didn't cash it and they swore up and down they did. So, i kept it and cashed it so i had the money and send them a letter say HEY MORONS I HAVE YOUR MONEY TELL ME IF YOU EVER WANT IT.

2 years later they called for the money (which was a few thousand dollars). All pissy, and i drove down with the cash and the letter and they apologized.

thing is i did call and i'm sort of hoping they have a record of that call, i mean with these big companies don't they record all customer calls and put them on file?

i should've written down the lady's name i talked to.

really want to get away with this...such a tough call. and i get what the responsible thing to do is, but i swear the reliability of these new Smart meters can be my ace card since i'm reading all types of issues with them.