Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad Hotbullets's Avatar

Default Re: How many ISH'ers rock a beard?

Fat beard with some weak spots when short, but now I haven't shaved for 8 weeks and it's nice 'n thick. I like it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

I have Paul Pierce facial hair. Kind of pubie looking and patchy on the sides. Fukk my life.

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    Only fatties rock chin straps. Like Meticode. It's there to add jaw definition that is sorely lacking.

Beards were call before hipsters ruined them
    205 pounds at 6'0" is fat?

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I would say that could be "fat"...or you could be pretty ripped

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    You have a BMI of 27.8.

BMI is between 25 and 29.9 (Overweight)
    People falling in this BMI range are considered overweight and would benefit from finding healthy ways to lower their weight, such as diet and exercise. Individuals who fall in this range are at increased risk for a variety of ilnesses. If your BMI is 27-29.99 your risk of health problems becomes higher. In a recent study an increased rate of blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease was recorded at 27.3 for women and 27.8 for men.

I used to basically have this look w/the beard being a tad bit bigger all around

shaved the beard I donated the hair about a year ago.

Havent cut my hair since (almost back to chin length) and I've only shaved once since last year a few months ago. When I did I took it all off except for the stache and let it go again.

the beard is at about this level right now.

Quote Originally Posted by robert de niro
    You have a BMI of 27.8.

BMI is between 25 and 29.9 (Overweight)
    People falling in this BMI range are considered overweight and would benefit from finding healthy ways to lower their weight, such as diet and exercise. Individuals who fall in this range are at increased risk for a variety of ilnesses. If your BMI is 27-29.99 your risk of health problems becomes higher. In a recent study an increased rate of blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease was recorded at 27.3 for women and 27.8 for men.
    BMI is a bad way to gauge if someone is or overweight because it doesn't take into account muscle density.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~

Not ripped by any means, not fat either. I don't even have a gut anymore since I went from 246 down to 181, now I'm at 205 over the course of almost 2 years.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~

Uhhh... generally speaking:

6' 130 lbs. is NOT a healthy weight.

I was once 160 lbs. at 6' after a trip and my doctor was like "were you sick over there? You need to add weight."

me

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    Uhhh... generally speaking:

6' 130 lbs. is NOT a healthy weight.

I was once 160 lbs. at 6' after a trip and my doctor was like "were you sick over there? You need to add weight."
    it looks like 6'0" 130 is listed as underweight

looks like around 6'0" 140lbs is where it starts to be "healthy"

that simple chart doesn't take sex into account either...perhaps 6'0" 140 is much more suitable for females than males

I was 6' 130.5 just a couple months ago, that was a few weeks getting into running/mtbiking/BBall season plus lifting 3 days a week. I dropped about 6lbs from my usual 136. Now I'm about 141 from the consistent weightlifting and leg strength from mtbiking but point is nobody would have looked at me even at 130.5 and said I was unhealthy. My resting heart rate was and still is about 49. I wasn't lacking in muscle definition at that weight either, everybody is built different I've always had a slender build, most I've ever weighed is 150 and in order to even get there I need to be lifting weights and eating a ton and cutting back on cardio. Basically I'd need to get unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    I was 6' 130.5 just a couple months ago, that was a few weeks getting into running/mtbiking/BBall season plus lifting 3 days a week. I dropped about 6lbs from my usual 136. Now I'm about 141 from the consistent weightlifting and leg strength from mtbiking but point is nobody would have looked at me even at 130.5 and said I was unhealthy. My resting heart rate was and still is about 49. I wasn't lacking in muscle definition at that weight either, everybody is built different I've always had a slender build, most I've ever weighed is 150 and in order to even get there I need to be lifting weights and eating a ton and cutting back on cardio. Basically I'd need to get unhealthy.
    You tiny f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    you're pretty thin obviously...but in many cases "thin" IS "healthy"

If we were to look at a group of humans in a "healthy" weight class on that chart they would probably be a group of thin looking people like marathon runners