Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Post your go to Chipotle meal

Place is shit and nothing but salt; even if you avoid the chips. Those chips are shockingly bad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Yawn...i'm half mexican/half whetto...
    Explains your anger issues, Cholo.

Lol @ all you fake Hispanics.

HAHAHAHHA.

Chipotle - bland tex Mex.

Anyway, yes Chipotle is Americanized Mexican cuisine. But I trust the quality, and it's somewhat tasty. I usually get the chicken or carnita tacos. Great protein. Add pico de gallo, light cheese, light brown rice, black beans, peppers / onions, with a side of guac. Use my own chips doe.

burrito, extra brown rice, extra black beans, triple steak, grilled veggies, lettuce, corn, cheese.
    1500 calories or so. 100+ grams of protein. 250+ carbs. 40-50 fat.

Is the Chicken always very spicy? My son was with me so i ordered Chicken thinking it's not spicy and the opposute was true.

Carnita tastes better than the Chicken

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Chipotle

[QUOTE]In 2001, Chipotle released a mission statement called Food With Integrity, which highlighted Chipotle's efforts to increase their use of naturally raised meat, organic produce, and dairy without added hormones.[6] [COLOR="Red"]Almost all of the meat served in Chipotle restaurants is naturally raised, defined by the company as "coming from animals that are never given antibiotics or added hormones and that are raised responsibly[/COLOR]

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    Lol @ all you fake Hispanics.

HAHAHAHHA.

Chipotle - bland tex Mex.
    pretty sure you have no clue what tex-mex is. The franchise burrito places are way more in like with cali burritos IMO

   

at the local mexican place i usually have guacamole casero and shrimp/tilapia ceviche.

basically a mix of fresh veggies, high-quality fat (avocado), and high-quality protein (seafood) without all the carbohydrate load of the rice, refried beans, tortillas, sour cream, etc.

tastes great, and very healthy.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

There's no way I'm not getting Chipotle tonight for dinner after making/reading this thread

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    Chipotle is for white people that like bland fake Mexican food.
    Yes and No.

It is watered down white people fake Mexican food, but it does have it's purpose.

It isn't authentic by any means, but it aint bad.

I tend to criticize restaurants that claim to be 'Mexican' but offer very bland horrible food (El Torito, Acapulco etc.etc). I hate going into a Mexican 'Grill' and they're playing salsa or merengue music. There's actually been instances in which my pops and I walked away as soon as we heard them playing 'salsa' music, wouldn't even waste our time. We'll even leave a place if we see a Tapatio bottle on the table (make your own damn hot sauce). So Im generally very specific and selective over my Mexican food.

I used to criticize the shit out of Chipotle as a 'white boy' version of Mexican food stupidly, before eating there.

But when I did try it I actually liked it. I was turned off as soon as I stepped foot because they were playing rock music and not Mexican music, but I wasn't gonna be a jack ass and tell my coworkers we should leave. I ordered a barbacoa burrito thinking "let see what they know about barbacoa". Sure enough, the white dude helping me out didn't know what the f*ck I ordered since I said it the proper way.

But then I tried it.

That shit was good.

It was better than some legit Mexican food spots and some weddings that I've tried it in.

Not the most authentic, but it still serves it's purpose... shit be tasty.

It aint Tacos El Unico, King Taco, or Don Chente (L.A. area Mexican food spots for those that aint know).... but it still does a good job.

Tacos are awesome, but I always feel some type of way when I see them put a pinch of meat on the shell.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I'm Mexican and I think Chipotle is horrible, I don't get all the hype. You can just go to a local Mexican restaurant and buy a much better quality burrito with pretty much the same price.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    at the local mexican place i usually have guacamole casero and shrimp/tilapia ceviche.

basically a mix of fresh veggies, high-quality fat (avocado), and high-quality protein (seafood) without all the carbohydrate load of the rice, refried beans, tortillas, sour cream, etc.

tastes great, and very healthy.

you should read up on Tilapia. apparently 95% of the Tilapia in the US comes from Chinese fish farms. China's fish farms are extremely polluted where they use many pesticides, antibiotics, and antifungal drugs. There are also articles talking about Tilapia being a fish with the 'bad' fatty acids altho with some positives, but they compare it to bacon.

until recently i didn't realize how important the meats we eat and how they're caught/raised was to people's health, but damn its a huge eye opener i'm really believing in....its almost impossible tho to know where what everything you eat comes from. Much of it seems to come from China because its so cheap and mass produced there but the worst place due to the pollution.

i guess Chipotle and Panera are the 2 places i'm aware of that are real picky about where their meats come from, but i have no clue of any place else. i'm still eating whatever tho, no way i can just limit myself to those 2 places out of paranoia
    Last edited by Godzuki; 08-02-2014 at 12:25 AM.