Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
       

Default Re: Post your go to Chipotle meal

@godzuki,
    yea i know exactly what you mean. i heard (or read) a report a few weeks ago on chinese tilapia. it's not so much the usual additives that are the eye-opener -- after all, they do similar in the US -- but the fact that in order to remain competitive, chinese pond farmers have taken to replacing standard fish food with raw animal sewage.

so you know, be ready for salmonella and whatever other pathogens(!) anyway, i did in fact ask the owner (who's a buddy) where he gets the fish and shrimp, and he said he'd investigate.

on the plus side i haven't gotten sick yet, and ceviche cooks the fish in a way very different than usual (blanched, then denatured in a citrus bath). also, tilapia is a class of fish near the bottom of the chain, so one thing you apparently don't have to worry about (like with tuna) is mercury / heavy metal poisoning.

it's getting to be pretty dicey eating fish in general, though. everyone needs to find out exactly what it is, where it comes from, and then do the appropriate research.

but china is pretty much turning in to one big shithole, so no way would you want to buy animal products or certain types of building materials from them.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    @godzuki,
    yea i know exactly what you mean. i heard (or read) a report a few weeks ago on chinese tilapia. it's not so much the usual additives that are the eye-opener -- after all, they do similar in the US -- but the fact that in order to remain competitive, chinese pond farmers have taken to replacing standard fish food with raw animal sewage.

so you know, be ready for salmonella and whatever other pathogens(!) anyway, i did in fact ask the owner (who's a buddy) where he gets the fish and shrimp, and he said he'd investigate.

on the plus side i haven't gotten sick yet, and ceviche cooks the fish in a way very different than usual (blanched, then denatured in a citrus bath). also, tilapia is a class of fish near the bottom of the chain, so one thing you apparently don't have to worry about (like with tuna) is mercury / heavy metal poisoning.

it's getting to be pretty dicey eating fish in general, though. everyone needs to find out exactly what it is, where it comes from, and then do the appropriate research.

but china is pretty much turning in to one big shithole, so no way would you want to buy animal products or certain types of building materials from them.
    Human population is legit fukcing up Earth and theres no way anyone can do anything about it bc so many bleedin hearts will shriek and holler if more countries start implementing childbearing limitation policies. Earth gonna die a slow death.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Human population is legit fukcing up Earth and theres no way anyone can do anything about it bc so many bleedin hearts will shriek and holler if more countries start implementing childbearing limitation policies. Earth gonna die a slow death.
    Nah, the Earth will be fine. She'll shake us of like a dog with a bad case of fleas.

It's humanity that's gonna die a slow death.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    Nah, the Earth will be fine. She'll shake us of like a dog with a bad case of fleas.

It's humanity that's gonna die a slow death.

Well the rock and water parts of the earth will obviously endure but humans are fukcing up ecosystems that literally took millions of years to evolve, and are destroyed forever just like that in a matter of just a few hundred years

Its fukked up, really

   

i don't think it's going to be all that slow of a death, honestly.

still, to put things in perspective... everything has an end date... even subatomic particles (they eventually decay). the earth itself is in the last 9/10th of habitability by complex life due to the atmosphere slowly leaking in to space faster than dissolved gas in earth's rocky content is emitted to replenish it.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Oh look here, we have the cultured hipster that only eats "authentic" variations of the ethnic foods and does not succumb to the bland corporate versions. You are so cool bro.

But you should check up on your facts because "burritos" is not really "authentic" mexican food. It is mainly served in the Northern parts of Mexico and its origins might even be in California. Not to mention mexico is a country of over 100 million that encompasses different types of people and cultures. There is no authentic one size fits all Mexican food. Same thing with Chinese food. But you cultured hipsters are so ****ing dense to realize that and like to brag about eating in some hole in the wall.

Chipotle is the best fast food option out there. Not sure where the hate comes from.
    Did you even read my post at all? Please point out to me where I said I don't eat Chipotle. Please tell me where I dissed Chipotle in anyway besides saying I personally can no longer eat it because it messes me up. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I'll wait.

Also to your second point.

Were you drunk? Be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    I'm Mexican and I think Chipotle is horrible, I don't get all the hype. You can just go to a local Mexican restaurant and buy a much better quality burrito with pretty much the same price.
    You can get a completely different type of burrito. It's not the same. They are both delicious.

http://www.nutritionix.com/chipotle/...ion-calculator
    Used this to calculate what we are getting with a chipotle burrito. There's a crap ton of sodium in all the meats and that's before you add salsa that has 20+% of the recommended sodium intake.

Quote Originally Posted by PHX_Phan
    Burrito bowl with tortilla on the side
    Carnitas
    Cilantro Lime Rice
    Pinto Beans
    Hottest sauce
    Lettuce
    Cheese

Then I douse that shit with green tobasco.
    We have a winner!
    Gotta get the carnitas!

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    So many people prefacing their posts with "I'm Mexican." Fvcking so? Gonna start prefacing all my posts about carrot soup with "I'm a ginger." Will really get people to trust what I'm saying.
    Fixed. And I would care about your opinion on carrot soup.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    So many people prefacing their posts with "I'm Mexican." Fvcking so? Gonna start prefacing all my posts about burgers with "I'm white." Will really get people to trust what I'm saying.
    I was raised with "real" Mexican food growing up, I know what's up. The crap at Chipotle is generic, but go ahead and enjoy cracker.

Banned

be happy there is a bastardized version of your food, whether its Chinese or Mexican. It makes your food popular and some of you are making a lot of $$$, not all countries have fake fastfood versions of their cuisine

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

I don't give afck if it's authentic.... They use good ingredients and it's cheap and fast... No one going there is doing so for authentic dining Christ... They're just grabbing a burrito at lunch

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    I was raised with "real" Mexican food growing up, I know what's up. The crap at Chipotle is generic, but go ahead and enjoy cracker.

Burrito
    Barbacoa
    White Rice
    Pinto Beans
    Cheese
    Sour Cream
    Medium Salsa