Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Post your go to Chipotle meal

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    Go for the bowl, skip the guac. If you want to keep the sodium down, skip the salsas. You can easily make an 800-900 calorie bowl with around 50g protein which you can divide into 2 meals.

   

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Go for the bowl, skip the guac. If you want to keep the sodium down, skip the salsas. You can easily make an 800-900 calorie bowl with around 50g protein which you can divide into 2 meals.
    over here, the salt-free guac casero is definitely the way to go. if you mean the bowl made of tortillas, i wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole because of the salt / processed grain content.

in the west we generally eat way more protein than we need. i like to get a subway chopped veggie salad with some sriracha on top, add a serving of guac and mix in some low-sodium black beans and some ceviche on a meat day.

If you have to make that many adjustments for one served meal, the food you are ordering is obviously not too good for you.

over here, the salt-free guac casero is definitely the way to go. if you mean the bowl made of tortillas, i wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole because of the salt / processed grain content.

in the west we generally eat way more protein than we need. i like to get a subway chopped veggie salad with some sriracha on top, add a serving of guac and mix in some low-sodium black beans and some ceviche on a meat day.
    the chipotle bowl is just a container. its made out of cardboard

   

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    the chipotle bowl is just a container. its made out of cardboard
    oh! then i'll have one of those on a day that i toke up.

oh! then i'll have one of those on a day that i toke up.
    Srs question, have you been to a Chipotle before? First you compared it to chilis and then assumed the bowl was a tortilla bowl. your probly high right now? No worries, I would be too if I had any -_-

   

Srs question, have you been to a Chipotle before? First you compared it to chilis and then assumed the bowl was a tortilla bowl. your probly high right now? No worries, I would be too if I had any -_-
    what, i'm supposed to have the godamn menu memorised at some particular chain?

anyway, sure i've been there, but all those joints do kind of blend together. qdoba, chichi's, etc. it's all just texmex chain-style, which is fine. i like all of them, including taco bell and the other low end chains, but i'm hardly going to nitpick them.

i will say... a few years ago i emailed chipotle because i was annoyed one of the local franchises didn't have recycling. this gal very politely and quickly responded that local zoning didn't permit it at that particular branch. that was appreciated.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    their drinks come in tubs with handles?

This place is a paradox to me. On one hand, the ingredients are good and healthy, but on the other hand, the portions are too big. I can't see myself maintaining my ideal weight if I eat here more than 2x a week. Personally, I think it's overrated. Authentic mexican food is much better, but only the ones in san diego. It's hard to beat Chipotle once you stray further from the border.

Banned

Bowl (Burrito when I'm by myself)

White Rice
    Black Beans
    Barbacoa
    Pico
    Mild Salsa
    Corn
    Sour Cream
    Cheese
    Guacamole
    Lettuce

Feel like a king.

Next time you get a bowl, ask for some of their salad vinaigrette. That + chipotle tabasco added to a chicken bowl is good