Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: What do you collect?

I used to collect Basketball Jersey's. I have a few decent ones including the Bulls pinstripe black and red from 1998. A special 25 year anniversary Michael Jordan North Carolina Jersey and a 1995 Glen Rice Charlotte Hornets. All from the years they were released not retro releases.

I also collect books. I have a 60 year old print of 1984 and a 14 year old Batman Comic. When you start collecting books you realize just how important and hard it is to get the particular edition you're after. The amount of times I've sent back books because it wasn't the edition advertised is beyond a joke.

I collected books and CD's until I was about 26; had thousands. Good luck collecting books or any other dense item if you start moving around for career or love, whatever. You'll stop collecting that shit pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    I collected books and CD's until I was about 26; had thousands. Good luck collecting books or any other dense item if you start moving around for career or love, whatever. You'll stop collecting that shit pretty quick.
    I had craploads of cds. Put almost everything to digital, then we moved. Amazing how that shit goes from collectible to heavy shit you do not want to move and you throw out.

Basketball Cards and LPs.
    Pretty sure when I get more money I'll collect basses and motorcycles.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I had craploads of cds. Put almost everything to digital, then we moved. Amazing how that shit goes from collectible to heavy shit you do not want to move and you throw out.
    First time I moved I had an extended mini van filled with only boxes of CD's and books. There's nothing worse than moving heavy as **** boxes of books and CD's. Biggest waste of time in the digital age.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I started to collect fragrances, but I had to save up for wedding and moving to Canada. I left my entire collection back home.

It wasn't big since I had just started.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    First time I moved I had an extended mini van filled with only boxes of CD's and books. There's nothing worse than moving heavy as **** boxes of books and CD's. Biggest waste of time in the digital age.
    LPs are easier to move than CDs. Didn't buy a CD ever since I got a used LP player.
    The digital age sucks, though. Yeah it's hard to move physical, data containing material, but imo it still has advantages over storing things in clouds or on drives. Drives are obvious why, but clouds might not be accessable from anywhere(clientside) and even if clouds aren't centralized the service still is and the corp providing it might go down.

I collect hats. Mainly sports ones. I seem to have a Marlins hat in every color lol.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Movies and TV shows on blu-ray/DVD.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Blu-Rays. Regular ones, collector editions, steelbooks etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Movies and TV shows on blu-ray/DVD.
    I'm counting down the days when that OG BATMAN tv series with Adam west /Burt ward blu ray comes out.hope it's done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    LPs are easier to move than CDs. Didn't buy a CD ever since I got a used LP player.
    The digital age sucks, though. Yeah it's hard to move physical, data containing material, but imo it still has advantages over storing things in clouds or on drives. Drives are obvious why, but clouds might not be accessable from anywhere(clientside) and even if clouds aren't centralized the service still is and the corp providing it might go down.
    Box of records are just as heavy and a pain in the ass.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Interesting. Never met a book collector before. May I ask how old you are?
    are you ****ing serious? You have never met someone who has a personal library before? Can I ask where you live?

The only thing I really collect is VBR V0 MP3s of albums I really like and blu-ray rips encoded with x264+DTS of movies I really like that are usually 3GB to 8GB depending upon the type of move it is and the length.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by the mesiah
    I'm counting down the days when that OG BATMAN tv series with Adam west /Burt ward blu ray comes out.hope it's done right.
    It looks good but I don't think I like the show enough to drop $200+ on it (at least that's the listed price here in Canada).

Sopranos complete boxset is what I'm waiting for in a couple months. Also, my pipe-dream of The Wire one day being re-done in HD for a boxset of that.