Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default One of the greatest threats to mankind is at our doorstep

and no thread on the Ebola outbreak?

watch this first:

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...ieden.cnn.html

Its the deadliest strain of Ebola yet. over 1300 people have already died.

There is no cure for it other than feeding the infected with intravenous fluids and hoping after a few weeks their body fights it off.

it has a 50-90% mortality rate...in other words it kills most people who become infected.

It is HIGHLY contagious. You can get it from any transfer of bodily fluids which apparently includes sneezing, touching, coughing, etc....and i wonder if mosquitos can transfer the disease although there has been no mention of that.

The top Ebola Doctor helping to cure patients in Africa contracted the disease and now has died. 2 American Doctors have contracted the disease and are in serious condition which is getting worse. They are being flown to Emory hospital(Atlantia, GA) in the United States which is one of four unique containment facilities in the country, which will be the first case of Ebola here on our soil apparently.

This is all happening extremely fast. Apparently the decision to send the doctors back home to America was made by a missionary group called Samaritans Purse led by Billy Graham's son, Franklin Graham

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-...FaTm7AodhkwAOQ

Oddly enough there isn't anyone speaking up against it or questioning their decision but media and people that i've seen. You'd think some politicians would have said something by now.

IMO the doctors are downplaying how contagious it is. It does not add up how they are pretending its very controllable and yet over a 1000 people have contracted it, including the head doctor in Liberia, along with 2 American doctors. over 1300 people have died...that is something that sounds much more dangerous than their pretension it can be controlled.

With that said i'm okay with the doctors being flown here, and taking that risk for 2 people....but i do think the doctors are downplaying, borderline lying to the public to prevent hysteria of how easily contagious it is. It just doesn't add up with how the CDC and the missionaries are trying to alleviate the public's concern when you know how many people have caught it, including doctors who are taking precautions.

Its dumbfounding to me this missionary group is able to even make the call to fly them here without higher authorities stepping in, or some politicians voicing some concern there.

I don't blame people for being worried, this shit is as close to the movies of Outbreak, Planet of the Apes virus, etc. type stuff we've ever had....and its coming to our backyard. If it does start jumping around wash your hands, don't touch stuff other people did, and maybe start wearing those masks the chinese are always wearing because this shit is real
    Last edited by Godzuki; 08-02-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Default Re: One of the greatest threats to mankind is at our doorstep

I don't wish death on people, but the world will find out ways to fight off things that hurt it. That thing being us.

Very good NBA starter

thats ****ing scary wtf

Banned

It's actually important that outbreaks like Ebola occur in order to provide a check on rampant overopulation.

The greatest tragedy of modern medicine is that it is so effective it prevents the natural order of the world from functioning.

Why take the victims from Africa to America and Europe?

Haven't these people ever played Pandemic? You're supposed to close the ports when this shit happens. Instead they're bringing the deathly plague closer to the rest of us

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    It's actually important that outbreaks like Ebola occur in order to provide a check on rampant overopulation.

The greatest tragedy of modern medicine is that it is so effective it prevents the natural order of the world from functioning.
    Should start with you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Should start with you.
    But I am a beautiful snowflake.

NBA Legend

Its a conspiracy I tells ya

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    Why take the victims from Africa to America and Europe?

Haven't these people ever played Pandemic? You're supposed to close the ports when this shit happens. Instead they're bringing the deathly plague closer to the rest of us
    I'm bolting for Madagascar before they shut down everything.

Banned

some asshole moron refuge from west africa gonna bring it over to UK and USA and kill us all

I've been scared of ebola my whole life ever since i learned about it when I was 6. Now it is coming back. I think this will be the next bubonic plague and wipe out a good percentage of the population. Hope I can live through it.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 08-02-2014 at 06:05 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    some asshole moron refuge from west africa gonna bring it over to UK and USA and kill us all

I've been scared of ebola my whole life ever since i learned about it when I was 6. Now it is coming back. I think this will be the next bubonic plague and wipe out a good percentage of the population. Hope I can live through it.
    calm down

Ebola has been around for a long time. Troll thread.

Dunking on everybody in the park Breezy's Avatar

Ebola poses little threat to the United States

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebo...r-says-n169836

Dr. Thomas Frieden Director of the CDC

"

Decent playground baller Chris99's Avatar

You guys probably thought swine flu would kill us all too huh?

i think humans are taking an L this time. it will spread greatly. mostly africa and some parts of europe. we will even see it in a isolated portion of the east coast.