Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: Jim Parsons signs 2-year $72 million contract

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    It's really interesting how people's tastes and likes can be so different lol. I have literally the exact opposite opinion on all fronts.
    Like you think everyone on 30 Rock is hilarious and everyone on Community is unfunny?

That's rare for a young male imo. It seems like mostly women that love Tina Fey and honestly I have never heard ANYONE speak highly of Tracy Morgan, I don't even know how his career exists. Alec Baldwin is very "meh" on that show as well. The blonde (don't know her name) just plays a stereotypical dumb blonde and for the most part is completely unfunny.

Community is very well received and IMO it's recent struggles can be attributed to the fact that the comedy goes over the head of older peeps.

http://buzz.money.cnn.com/2014/08/06...ary/?hpt=hp_t2
    If "The Big Bang Theory" actors are working roughly 40 hours a week, that would translate to $25,000 an hour.

Even if you give the actors the benefit of the doubt and say they work 60 hours a week (12 hours a day), that still comes out to more than $16,000 an hour.
    CNN breaking down their salaries

I want to break it down even further...

$25k an hour = $417 a minute

$417 a minute = $7 a second

if they see a $5 bill on the ground and decide to pick it up, they made more $$$ in that time leaning over than the $5 bill they found.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Like you think everyone on 30 Rock is hilarious and everyone on Community is unfunny?

That's rare for a young male imo. It seems like mostly women that love Tina Fey and honestly I have never heard ANYONE speak highly of Tracy Morgan, I don't even know how his career exists. Alec Baldwin is very "meh" on that show as well. The blonde (don't know her name) just plays a stereotypical dumb blonde and for the most part is completely unfunny.

Community is very well received and IMO it's recent struggles can be attributed to the fact that the comedy goes over the head of older peeps.
    Lol yeah no one likes 30 Rock; it's crazy they have 145 under the radar Emmy nominations.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~

On Community I liked Troy and Pierce, unfortunately they left. Chang was hilarious. I didn't find Jeff or Britta funny. Annie was okay. Abed and Shirley were downright horrific and so unbelievably annoying.

More than anything though, I hated the Community gimmicks. So many themed episodes that I just didn't like. I still watched till the most recent episodes.

As for 30 Rock, I find Tracy's lines to be hilarious in that he is an over the top stereotype of himself. Kenneth is absolute gold. Tina Fey is funny. Then there's characters like Dr. Spaceman that are a riot. I just enjoy the show and find myself laughing most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Lol yeah no one likes 30 Rock; it's crazy they have 145 under the radar Emmy nominations.
    yes I said "it's crazy to like 30 Rock" and not that it seems uncommon for a young male to favor it over Community...nice reading comprehention

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    On Community I liked Troy and Pierce, unfortunately they left. Chang was hilarious. I didn't find Jeff or Britta funny. Annie was okay. Abed and Shirley were downright horrific and so unbelievably annoying.

More than anything though, I hated the Community gimmicks. So many themed episodes that I just didn't like. I still watched till the most recent episodes.

As for 30 Rock, I find Tracy's lines to be hilarious in that he is an over the top stereotype of himself. Kenneth is absolute gold. Tina Fey is funny. Then there's characters like Dr. Spaceman that are a riot. I just enjoy the show and find myself laughing most of the time.
    IMO Chevy Chase, Britta, Annie, and Shirley aren't very funny. Chevy in particular gets the same lame racist and immature jokes and he ultimately left the show because the writing for him was so poor.

The other characters can be very funny though and I agree that Troy leaving hurt the show badly.

The gimmicks seems to be a lot of people's issue...and yeah like I said it can be hit or miss. The video game episode was awful and the GI themed one. But when they do hit they hit big time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    In this thread: People don't understand how tv works.

The Big Bang Theory is the #1 comedy and is a ratings hit, and that is why everyone on that show is getting paid. They dominate on Thursday, which is prime time as it gets. Let them get paid. I can understand people not liking it, but people are watching it and that's all that really matters to the networks.

A lot of people will express their love or hate for certain shows.

But one pattern I see is: shows have fans because the characters of said shows are people their fans can identify with. Obviously if you hate nerds or didn't have nerdy friends then TBBT will not appeal to you.

Personally Friends was never funny. That Phoebe character is irritating. She is ditzy and unfunny. Ross is a whiny dude who wants that girl who never liked him but does get in the end because the script says so. Joey's like male version of Phoebe and his catch phrase "how ya doin" is as annoying as Full House's "have mercy," "cut it out quit it," and " you got it dude."

Seinfeld was another popular show I disliked. Their characters are unremarkable, mundane, and forgettable except Kramer for his over acting and over dramatizing theatrics.

Oh well it's all subjective

I don't understand why people like this show.