Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Getting back into the gym after a long break

I just got a membership at the gym so I can try to get myself back in shape. It's been a long time and I'm way out of shape. Been doing nothing but smoking, drinking, and eating fast food. I'm 195 right now and I want to get down to 180.

I heard there were some poster on ISH that are pretty good with this kind of thing so I was if you guys could give me some tips on how I should go about doing this. Walking? Running? Weight training? Diet?

Default Re: Getting back into the gym after a long break

Can't help you but I went yesterday after a 1 and a half week break and I felt so skinny and weak.. And I was, my biceps workout was horrible.. Didn't have any power behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Can't help you but I went yesterday after a 1 and a half week break and I felt so skinny and weak.. And I was, my biceps workout was horrible.. Didn't have any power behind it.
    That's better than having a fat stomach like that guy on Supersize Me. And my face is getting fat too. I ran into an old friend of mine the other day and the first thing he said was, "Dang man, you done gained weight." I laughed, but it really hurt me inside.

With weight lose, its 90% diet. You must resturcture what you eat, when you eat and how you eat. Cardio is good and all but if you want to see results, diet is where you start

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BrainDead
    That's better than having a fat stomach like that guy on Supersize Me. And my face is getting fat too. I ran into an old friend of mine the other day and the first thing he said was, "Dang man, you done gained weight." I laughed, but it really hurt me inside.

Banned

jack off, nut in a shot glass, and drink it. best source of protein+test anywhere in the world. and its all natural and home made. I've been doing it for 15 years and now I'm a ****ing beast. Anyone that sees me on the streets knows not to mess with me.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by BrainDead
    Bruh I feel you. I'm going through the same thing. It's hard finding time to hit the gym though and eating healthy is expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
    jack off, nut in a shot glass, and drink it. best source of protein+test anywhere in the world. and its all natural and home made. I've been doing it for 15 years and now I'm a ****ing beast. Anyone that sees me on the streets knows not to mess with me.
    Sounds like Superman on Steroids

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    With weight lose, its 90% diet. You must resturcture what you eat, when you eat and how you eat. Cardio is good and all but if you want to see results, diet is where you start
    Got any suggestions on what I should eat?

High School Varsity 6th Man

Best way to lose weight is figure out all the unhealthy shit your eating and try to find healtier alternatives for that. Try to cook your meals.

Look into low carb diets.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/Ket...genic-Diet.htm
    Last edited by DropStep; 08-05-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Banned

let me introduce you to bulimia. it has been time tested and shown to work a 100% of the time. now if you combine the shot glass and the two fingers, you're golden brah. what are you waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
    let me introduce you to bulimia. it has been time tested and shown to work a 100% of the time. now if you combine the shot glass and the two fingers, you're golden brah. what are you waiting for?
    I hate throwing up

Quote Originally Posted by DropStep
    Best way to lose weight is figure out all the unhealthy shit your eating and try to find healtier alternatives for that. Try to cook your meals.

Look into low carb diets.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/Ket...genic-Diet.htm
    Thanks for the info

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

How tall are you? Cut out fast food, and cut drinking in half (or totally if you can) and that alone will drop you 10 pounds. If you're trying to only lose weight first and not bulk don't do weight training you'll actually gain weight.

3 days a week: star doing 14 minutes walk and one minute run at your own pace on a treadmill. After the first week up that to two min run to 13 mins walk. Third week 5 mins run to 10ins walk. Continue that until you can run for 30 minutes straight

Do some muscle strengthing exercises without weights. Google some

After a month or so try some weight lifting if you wish as so.