Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Getting back into the gym after a long break

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    How tall are you? Cut out fast food, and cut drinking in half (or totally if you can) and that alone will drop you 10 pounds. If you're trying to only lose weight first and not bulk don't do weight training you'll actually gain weight.
    I'm 5'9.

I want to lose weight, but at the same time I wouldn't mind putting a little muscle on. I don't want to look all sick in shit like some people do when they lose weight.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrainDead
    I'm 5'9.

I want to lose weight, but at the same time I wouldn't mind putting a little muscle on. I don't want to look all sick in shit like some people do when they lose weight.
    Yea diet will go a long way to helping you. People look sick while losing weight because they're malnourished and starve themselves. It's not about not eating, it's about not eating certain things, or eating too much of them. It's very difficult to drop weight and add muscle simultaneously, I'd personally find it easier to drop weight through cardio and dieting and then switch the diet and drop cardio for weights to convert your new frame into a more muscular one.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Yea diet will go a long way to helping you. People look sick while losing weight because they're malnourished and starve themselves. It's not about not eating, it's about not eating certain things, or eating too much of them. It's very difficult to drop weight and add muscle simultaneously, I'd personally find it easier to drop weight through cardio and dieting and then switch the diet and drop cardio for weights to convert your new frame into a more muscular one.
    Okay, this makes sense. Should I switch the diet and drop cardio when I reach my desired weight? Or should I try to lose a little bit more before switching?

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Don't get why it's so hard of a concept for some people. Just avoid processed junk, no sweets, no soda, and just a healthier diet. Sounds easy cuz it is if you're disciplined.

No cookies, cakes or w/e. Drink your coffee plain or with something less sugary like half/half (no frappes/lattes/w/e), no chips(unless veggie or organic), I would suggest avoiding wheat altogether although that's impossible. Eat more lean protein and overdose on veggies and fruits, foods like brown rice and beans should be a staple.. More fiber.

You'll get instant results too. Do it correctly and you'll be shedding a few lb's a week naturally in the beginning.

Is oatmeal okay?

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrainDead
    Is oatmeal okay?
    Yes, oatmeal is a very good meal for breakfast. Never ate oatmeal in my life until these past two months when I've been having some type of organic oatmeal on the regular for breakfast. Only has like 190 calories per serving, good fiber, good amount of carbs, some protein. I put in a tea spoon of peanut butter and slice a banana and/or strawberry in it. It surprisingly fills me up and much better to eat that processed cereal brands imo.

Does anyone have a reasonable meal plan that I can follow? Or at least list some of the healthier choices for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I'm going to the store later and I need to know what to get.

If I have a plan to follow I have a better chance of sticking to it. If not, I'll be back to eating bullshit before I even get started.