Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Russia close to a historic $20bn oil deal with Iran

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    I hardly doubt anyone would give access to use nuclear weapons to religious nutcases in Iran, Iranian people are not that dumb. What concerns me more, why a almost failed state like Pakistan i allowed to have nuclear weapons? Only few months ago, there was an attack against one of the nuclear weapon facilities in Pakistan by "terrorist".
    The Iranian people couldn't be more irrelevant to the problem. They have zero say in any of this so long as the Revolutionary Guard and the Islamist militias and police remain loyal to the regime. If you read the news at all, you've seen that any dissent will be crushed internally very quickly and the rest of the world WILL stand by and watch.

If you can't imagine the scenario I described, then you don't know how Iran works. The clerical bureaucracy is an absolute nightmare of factions that often have conflicting and competing goals. There are men in that government, unelected priests, who legitimately believe that countries that haven't accepted Islam have no right to exist and associate/patronize with groups and individuals who feel the same way.

Good, US' only foreign policy is forcing crippling sanctions on countries which mostly affects ordinary people. The US and her allies need to reevaluate their attitude toward other countries.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Good, US' only foreign policy is forcing crippling sanctions on countries which mostly affects ordinary people. The US and her allies need to reevaluate their attitude toward other countries.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby

NBA Superstar

u guys should offer up some suggestions then...hard enough to come up with sanctions that will make a country's government care that much to begin with. its like NKorea, no matter what we hit them with its going to trickle down to their people who will suffer the most, while Kim Jong Un still lives lavishly.

i mean they can barely come up with much to hurt Putin right now...

Iran seems like they're caving even if the people are hurting...seems to be working...took a long ass time tho