Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Does the no carb diet work?

Making a big effort to limit your bread, rice, and pasta intake will go a long ways towards losing weight. I wouldn't be too concerned with fruit unless you're pounding 20-40 oz of juice a day.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    alcohol is carbs. one gram of carbs cannot have more than 4 calories. unless your alcohol is a mixture of carbs and fats, it is impossible for a gram of alcohol to have more than 4 cals. leave that bro science behind. enter the adult educated world.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

It's amazing how popular diets that aren't good for you are.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    If it's so simple, then why do we have so many fata*ses out there? The body is a complex system; when you try to cut calories, it'll work against you and try to maintain your weight. I like the idea of no carbs because it tricks the body to burn the calories faster. You're eating enough to be full and yet you're losing weight faster because your body is kicking out faster.

I think Lebron has proven calories in/out is not the best way to burn off fat.
    1st bold: did it occur to you that maybe they choose not to do anything about their weight?

2nd bold: Yes. The body does try to fight against it and try to maintain your weight by slowing down your metabolism. That is why cutting down 300-500 calories a day, considered to be very low, is the optimal way to do it. Cutting down only 500 calories a day will only result in a 1 pound weight loss in a week. That's not a fast cut at all. And how does having no carbs trick the body into burning calories faster? I've never heard that.

low carb diets increase muscle breakdown, which in turn also decreases your metabolism. There are downsides of low carb diets, aside from the eating no carb part. But cutting calories is very flexible and you are not restricted to what you eat.

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
    alcohol is carbs. one gram of carbs cannot have more than 4 calories. unless your alcohol is a mixture of carbs and fats, it is impossible for a gram of alcohol to have more than 4 cals. leave that bro science behind. enter the adult educated world.
    Yep, you are retarded.

Banned

the first low carb diet was atkins diet and that came out around early 2000s. slightly modified and verified, its still the standard on weight loss diets.

carbs = 4
    protein = 4
    fats = 9

wtf is alcohol? oh yeah its carbs, which = 4.

stfu feggot
    alcohol is a macro, they turn directly into fat, but they are not considered fat or carbs. It is its own category.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    It's amazing how popular diets that aren't good for you are.
    This is a myth. The no carb diet has a long list of good veggies and protein. I think it sucks I will have to give up a lot of my fruit, but I'm sure I can substitute it with something else. I'm actually impress with the list.

Starting tomorrow:

Morning:

Eggs, Ham

Lunch:

Avocado, salad and salmon

Snack:

String cheese and almonds

Dinner:

Chicken and veggies

That is not bad at all. Totally doable.

the first low carb diet was atkins diet and that came out around early 2000s. slightly modified and verified, its still the standard on weight loss diets.
    Lol it's from the 70s

This is a myth. The no carb diet has a long list of good veggies and protein. I think it sucks I will have to give up a lot of my fruit, but I'm sure I can substitute it with something else. I'm actually impress with the list.

Starting tomorrow:

Morning:

Eggs, Ham

Lunch:

Snack:

Dinner:

Chicken and veggies

You are going to carb crash in 2 days tops. Gain 5 pounds in a week.

Here is the list:

Meat: Beef, lamb, pork, chicken and others. Grass-fed is best.

Fish: Salmon, trout, haddock and many others. Wild-caught fish is best.

Eggs: Omega-3 enriched or pastured eggs are best.

Vegetables: Spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and many others.

Fruits: Apples, oranges, pears, blueberries, strawberries.

Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.

High-Fat Dairy: Cheese, butter, heavy cream, yogurt.

Starting tomorrow:

Morning:

Eggs, Ham

Lunch:

Snack:

Dinner:

Chicken and veggies

ofc it's doing and it'll work. But it'll have some side effects you otherwise would not get with just cutting 500 calories.

a while back while i was dieting down, i cut my carbs by half and my strength dropped by more than 30% on every lift. My mental focus was way off and i felt like sh1t half the time. It's just not the way to go.
    Last edited by riseagainst; 08-06-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    You are going to carb crash in 2 days tops. Gain 5 pounds in a week.
    We'll see.

Just eat a healthy balanced variety of foods and drink only water.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    1st bold: did it occur to you that maybe they choose not to do anything about their weight?

2nd bold: Yes. The body does try to fight against it and try to maintain your weight by slowing down your metabolism. That is why cutting down 300-500 calories a day, considered to be very low, is the optimal way to do it. Cutting down only 500 calories a day will only result in a 1 pound weight loss in a week. That's not a fast cut at all. And how does having no carbs trick the body into burning calories faster? I've never heard that.

low carb diets increase muscle breakdown, which in turn also decreases your metabolism. There are downsides of low carb diets, aside from the eating no carb part. But cutting calories is very flexible and you are not restricted to what you eat.
    bold 1: BS. anyone asking you to cut down to 300-500 cals a day should be bitch slapped in the face. never ever go below 1200. and even that is low. you don't want to crash you metabolism on the jewish concentration camp diet.

bold 2: again BS. general rule of thumb is to go into a 3500 cal deficit to lose 1lb of fat. if you are a normal sized man and work out regularly and vigrously and keep your cal intake to 1200-1500 cals a day, its totally possible to lose 2-2.5lbs of fat a week.

bold 3: it is true that when you go on a cut, you are going to lose muscle. that's ineviteble. that's why you should go on bulk/cut cycles regularly. but, the cabolic phase can be maintained by ensuring that you ingest a good amount of protein. typically you want a gram per lb of lbm. a little more if you can do it, but not too much because of nitrogen poisoning. its a fine line, but if maintained, could be well worth it.