Default "Faces of death" - who's seen it?

I have, saw it when I was 20 years old pulling an all nighter with some friends. Felt mortal and appreciative to be alive ever since. Learned years later some of the scenes were staged or fake or w/e but still, the effect it had on me never went away. One of the most creepy disturbing documentaries I had ever seen. The death screams of that poor monkey that got brutally beaten in the face with a hammer by a bunch of rich assholes looking for nothing more than an "exotic" meal still pisses me off to this day.

Default Re: "Faces of death" - who's seen it?

Does the movie have a Point? Is it made to protect animals or some shit? I'm guessing it shows only animal killings?

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Does the movie have a Point? Is it made to protect animals or some shit? I'm guessing it shows only animal killings?
    The animal scene was the odd scene out... it's about humans and death... shows people being killed throughout the entire thing, I just remember really not liking the high pitch screams of that monkey and the idea that it was rich white folks killing it for no reason other than they wanted an exotic meal (they paid to kill it with a hammer and scoop its brains out or something... the monkey's head was locked in a vice while they hit it with a hammer so it couldn't escape). I don't remember a lot of specifics, it's been about 7 years since I last saw it and I probably tuned a lot out. I remember seeing a guy getting the electric chair's eyes bugging out and bleeding for example.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

haven't seen it, but heard it's just a collection of clips of people dying. Like people getting shot or falling of buildings. Is that accurate OP?

So what the hell was it?

Just a movie of showing humans and animals die in the most painful ways with no meaning behind it? At least a message on how to stop it or something?

It was a documentary on death, so not necessarily random and pointless clips it had a narrator and points. Lot of it demonstrated just how fragile we are to death, shows some death rituals, shows people in the act of dying. Demonstrates that death is inevitable (it's something you don't think about on a daily basis... that documentary hammered it home. You will ****ing die.). A lot of the scenes documented the primal fear that occurs when you are about to die, a lot of the scenes are very very disturbing. I believe it was broken up into segments. It's been a while since I've seen it. I remember a really nice wildlife guy helping a community get rid of an alligator getting attacked from behind by the alligator and pulled in the water in front of the crowd and it death rolled and decapitated him in front of the crowd (with kids), screaming and chaos ensue's. You couldn't make the shit up.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...f-death-17.jpg

This is a still from the monkey scene, that's all I'll post. Note how they lock it's head between two boards in the center of the table. It's body is below the table so it can't fight back. Note the fear in it's eyes. Those people beat it's head with a small hammer, seemed like it took 20 hits to kill it and it was screaming at the top of it's lungs the entire time. Insanely disturbing to watch.

Saw Faces of Death when I was in high school.. The scene where they show the guy cooking in the electric chair made me sick for a month.. I was never the same after that and I dont watch shock videos and things like that anymore..

some things corrupt you when you see them and you cant "un-see" them once you have seen them..

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Saw Faces of Death when I was in high school.. The scene where they show the guy cooking in the electric chair made me sick for a month.. I was never the same after that and I dont watch shock videos and things like that anymore..

some things corrupt you when you see them and you cant "un-see" them once you have seen them..

Yeah...

If you haven't seen it, don't watch it. It does something to your head. Watching a video of death is only interesting for 10 seconds, but anything after that, it does things to your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1

I watched it for 30 minutes and it haunted me for a year. I can sort of understand where PTSD came from. I mean you just see images of death everywhere and the video doesn't leave your head. I think it has such a high shock value it stays with you even when you're not watching it. Scary sh*t.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I thought the shit was all fake?

Wasn't it exposed years ago?

http://blogs.amctv.com/movie-blog/20...o-insiders-un/

You guys are *******; it was mostly all fake and everyone knew at the time. You'll see shit 10 times worse in the WTF sub-reddit.

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

Yeah...

wtf happened here? he got cooked ?

   

whether 'fake' or not, i think the point does tend to be made.

that is, archeology consistently suggests that human beings across history were frequently merciless brutes upon each other.