Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter LOLCATS's Avatar

Default My wife told her friend she wants to leave me

A friend of mine whose girlfriend is close friends with my wife told me that my wife told his girlfriend that she wants to leave me. She hasnt mentioned it but as you may know we have been arguing constantly and on bad terms these last 6 months or so. Well my friend just told me that his girlfriend told him she wanted to leave me, and that he shouldnt tell me. Well he did because hes loyal and hes we have been friends long before he met his girlfriend.

What should I do? My wife has no idea that I know this. Strangely I am not even sad or depressed. The writing has been on the wall for a long time, and now its out I dont know how I should feel.

One thing I am thinking though is that because he didnt hear her say it directly, he doesnt know the context in which she said it. She may have said something like "sometimes I think about leaving him", which is different from "I am going to leave him". Is she just saying it crossed her mind, or is she actually planning to tell me some time soon she wants to leave? Thats the worst thing. I literally have no idea how I should react.

If you were in my situation what would you do?

Sunshine State

Default Re: My wife told her friend she wants to leave me

Kill her.

If you can't have her, no one can.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LOLCATS
    A friend of mine whose girlfriend is close friends with my wife told me that my wife told his girlfriend that she wants to leave me. She hasnt mentioned it but as you may know we have been arguing constantly and on bad terms these last 6 months or so. Well my friend just told me that his girlfriend told him she wanted to leave me, and that he shouldnt tell me. Well he did because hes loyal and hes we have been friends long before he met his girlfriend.

What should I do? My wife has no idea that I know this. Strangely I am not even sad or depressed. The writing has been on the wall for a long time, and now its out I dont know how I should feel.

One thing I am thinking though is that because he didnt hear her say it directly, he doesnt know the context in which she said it. She may have said something like "sometimes I think about leaving him", which is different from "I am going to leave him". Is she just saying it crossed her mind, or is she actually planning to tell me some time soon she wants to leave? Thats the worst thing. I literally have no idea how I should react.

If you were in my situation what would you do?

F[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck a tranny

College superstar

Strike first.

Tell her you want a divorce.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

NBA All-star

if the writing on the wall also includes the both of you have been more independent/separate about your financial situation.

you're probably doing okay.

if not.

Do you still love her? Does she still love you?are the problems something you can work through? Do you even want to try? You have to ask yourselves these questions

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    Do you still love her? Does she still love you?are the problems something you can work through? Do you even want to try? You have to ask yourselves these questions
    Most of the problems are coming from her. She has been depressed and angry with me for months. I want to try but if she doesnt want me, what can I do? Im not going to make a fool of myself trying to please someone who has already said they want to leave me.

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    if the writing on the wall also includes the both of you have been more independent/separate about your financial situation.

you're probably doing okay.

if not.
    If we separated neither of us would have problems financially.

Most of the problems are coming from her. She has been depressed and angry with me for months. I want to try but if she doesnt want me, what can I do? Im not going to make a fool of myself trying to please someone who has already said they want to leave me.
    Is she unreasonable with being upset with you? Are there things you can change? Should you change? Are you being stubborn, or is it her? Have you talked about it?

NBA All-star

I think he's learning for it to be a no.

as for all the other questions, if someone doesn't love you, what's to work through?

people walk into a marriage counseling situation because both parties still have feelings for another but is just struggling. that's the benefit of what a counselor gets to say "well, the two of you are here for a reason"

and without going through any of it myself, I wonder what a good counselor would say if the couple simply answered "we're here for our kids"

that's more family counseling than marriage counseling as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    I think he's learning for it to be a no.

as for all the other questions, if someone doesn't love you, what's to work through?

people walk into a marriage counseling situation because both parties still have feelings for another but is just struggling. that's the benefit of what a counselor gets to say "well, the two of you are here for a reason"

and without going through any of it myself, I wonder what a good counselor would say if the couple simply answered "we're here for our kids"

that's more family counseling than marriage counseling as far as I'm concerned.
    That's why I asked. If she still loves him then it might be worth fighting for. If not then let it go

Is she unreasonable with being upset with you? Are there things you can change? Should you change? Are you being stubborn, or is it her? Have you talked about it?
    I have talked about this in other threads, but the root of our problem that her family didnt want her to marry me because of cultural differences. She loved me and alienated a lot of people close to her so we could be together. After we got married everything was great for like a month and then suddenly she became depressed and was clearly regretting the marriage. So over time things decayed and we have been arguing like crazy and find it hard to summon any real affection for each other for a long time now. I still cared for her and tried to make her happy but I think she just didnt want me anymore, and that we got married too early. So now shes telling people she wants to leave me. I honestly dont think theres a way back at this point.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Shes cheating on you. Sorry.

NBA All-star

well there's a difference between someone who doesn't want you, and someone who wants to leave you.

but no, I'm not sure what you can try either way.

unless there's a side of you that she doesn't know of.