Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Recreational marijuana advocates are focusing on the wrong topic

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    @nanners,
    as i said, i was referring to the body of studies on the subject.

and judging by some of the abstracts, there are more interactions of concern besides just the blood pressure rise.
    as far as i can tell, the body of studies on the subject is that nobody really knows if there is even a connection between the two.

   

the two what? there are multiple interactions at issue.

anyway, i agree that so far the findings have been preliminary. but in the era of criminal classification, you have to admit it's been pretty difficult to create well-controlled studies.

aside from that, what is so terrible about weed having some contraindications? sounds like you really don't wanna hear it for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    the two what? there are multiple interactions at issue.
    as far as i can tell, the body of studies on the subject is that nobody really knows if there is even a connection between marijuana use and cardiovascular problems.

anyway, i agree that so far the findings have been preliminary. but in the era of criminal classification, you have to admit it's been pretty difficult to create well-controlled studies.
    yeah it is difficult to do a good study, but that doesnt mean we should pay attention to the bad studies.
    aside from that, what is so terrible about weed having some contraindications? sounds like you really don't wanna hear it for whatever reason.
    there is nothing wrong with weed having negative side effects. I just dont like seeing people getting tricked by bad science, and that article you linked is some horrible science.

   

okay, i wouldn't really know if it was a bad study or not. not to mention, one with an agenda.

but overall it seems pretty reasonable to entertain that 1) if you regularly take a substance via the smoking route and 2) it causes your heart to have to work somewhat harder for example and 3) you are in an at-risk group... then you would run a significant risk of degrading quality of life / expiring early.

not to mention if you're a knucklehead like i was and took it before exercise for a few months.