Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 110
  1. #31
    NBA Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    13,808

    Default Re: US Military Power

    oh and all of the foreign haters are always mad taking shots at us because we get to dictate, which is another huge plus

    there are inequiities throughout like, deal with it bitches

  2. #32
    College star ThePhantomCreep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    3,757

    Default Re: US Military Power

    Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Rome fell.

    You can cite all the tanks, weapon systems, helicopters, etc but the truth of the matter is there are quite a few countries who hate us. A combined attack from Russia and China would cripple us. We haven't fought(only formed tension) a real superpower country in over half a century. We've basically ducked the real players. I.e. lebron playing in the east.
    What real players have we ducked? The only superpower in the postwar era besides the US was the Soviet Union and they're ancient history now. Putin is a joke and presides over a country with a GDP that barely matches California. Gorbachev laughs at the power he wields. China is a future superpower, but they're not there yet. I doubt they're itching to get into it with us anyway.

  3. #33
    World's Finest KingBeasley08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    State College
    Posts
    6,678

    Default Re: US Military Power

    The price of freedom is high but it's a price the USA is willing to pay


  4. #34
    The Renaissance man bladefd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    11,895

    Default Re: US Military Power

    The belly of the mighty beast fueled by endless amounts of blank checks, huh?

    I believe it is more than even $711 billion. If you add the upkeep required for the nukes and other top-secret programs & research, I have no doubt it would be close a trillion dollars yearly. Easily.

    I remember reading on Business insider once that close to $150 billion of that money disappears into thin air once the funding hits the military. Nobody knows where it goes or what happens to it. It could be going to some top-secret programs or it could very well be corruption.

  5. #35
    Wicked F*ckin Retahded Derka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    10,143

    Default Re: US Military Power

    Pretty meaningless in a world where large-scale conventional warfare is falling by the wayside in favor of small-scale insurgencies and terrorism.

  6. #36
    Serious playground baller TheGreatBlaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    470

    Default Re: US Military Power


  7. #37
    First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    may the handsome be with you
    Posts
    20,627

    Default Re: US Military Power

    Americans are so scared of something happening.

  8. #38
    NBA lottery pick IcanzIIravor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    I walk the earth Kung Fu style
    Posts
    5,878

    Default Re: US Military Power

    Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    america's budget is inflated as **** due to the fact that you have bases all around the world.
    against a big army that would be pointless and USA would get dominated, say Russia + China, or even any single one of those two.
    That is incorrect. We would destroy in massed army from any nation on this planet. The equalizer is asymmetric warfare and the fact that none of the major powers wants total warfare to return as the norm.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    17,713

    Default Re: US Military Power

    Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    The amount of military spending is out of control. Republicans talk about reducing the budget all the time but they won't touch this shit.

    Cut that in half and put a ton into schools, urban blight, the economy, our civil infrastructure, etc.
    Umm except learning doesnt really cost that much, thats just used as an excuse for people and groups of people who dont take it seriously. From captive Tibetan monks to nazi-era jewish ghettos to immigrant azn families in America, people who strive to learn can find ways even without a lot of resources. All the money in the world makes no difference if education isnt culturally prioritized.

    People can also clean up litter and grafiti and landscaping in their communities without billion dollar budgets. Youre making excuses for people by shifting blame to fit a narrative - small innocent guy struggling nobley to make it by as best he can vs evil greedy rich corporate fatcat holding him down and laughing. Who is their brother's keeper? People have to take initiative on their own. You think it costs trillions to clean up blight? No, it takes effort and an actual desire to do it. How many people here have ever volunteered to go clean stuff or to tutor kids, excluding situations where community service was required as part of an education credit or court sentencing? Probably hardly any. Again, youre just using money as your catch-all "attack the man!" slogan of rebelliousness. Its a shallow and at this point very tired and played out platitude and frankly youre just too old to be "aging hippie liberal douche" (to borrow a southpark turn of phrase.)


    What does cost real coin though is paying people to go live in a barracks and train for combat and then risk their lives for at least five years afterward. Paying engineers to make sure our capabilities can match the potential threats of any rogue and less civilized country that gets the cachamaime idea to try and step. We ****ing defend the free world, countries like switzerland and japan and ireland dont have to have meaningful armies BECAUSE WE DO. If it werent for the US, radical governments like nazis, shiites, chinese communists etc would have already overrun the rest of the world basically. And you people try to shit on old-style southern folk whose lifestyle includes guns and jesus, the very people who PROVIDE THE MUSCLE to protect the ****ing civilized world.

    If you wanna debate the exact figures of how much we should be spending on the military and whether its adjusted appropriately or not thats fine, but the snide oversimplification of what's at stake is honestly just the ignorant cry for atention of a child.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 08-11-2014 at 12:18 AM.

  10. #40
    NBA Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    13,808

    Default Re: US Military Power

    Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Umm except learning doesnt really cost that much, thats just used as an excuse for people and groups of people who dont take it seriously. From captive Tibetan monks to nazi-era jewish ghettos to immigrant azn families in America, people who strive to learn can find ways even without a lot of resources. All the money in the world makes no difference if education isnt culturally prioritized.

    People can also clean up litter and grafiti and landscaping in their communities without billion dollar budgets. Youre making excuses for people by shifting blame to fit a narrative - small innocent guy struggling nobley to make it by as best he can vs evil greedy rich corporate fatcat holding him down and laughing. Who is their brother's keeper? People have to take initiative on their own. You think it costs trillions to clean up blight? No, it takes effort and an actual desire to do it. How many people here have ever volunteered to go clean stuff or to tutor kids, excluding situations where community service was required as part of an education credit or court sentencing? Probably hardly any. Again, youre just using money as your catch-all "attack the man!" slogan of rebelliousness. Its a shallow and at this point very tired and played out platitude and frankly youre just too old to be "aging hippie liberal douche" (to borrow a southpark turn of phrase.)


    What does cost real coin though is paying people to go live in a barracks and train for combat and then risk their lives for at least five years afterward. Paying engineers to make sure our capabilities can match the potential threats of any rogue and less civilized country that gets the cachamaime idea to try and step. We ****ing defend the free world, countries like switzerland and japan and ireland dont have to have meaningful armies BECAUSE WE DO. If it werent for the US, radical governments like nazis, shiites, chinese communists etc would have already overrun the rest of the world basically. And you people try to shit on old-style southern folk whose lifestyle includes guns and jesus, the very people who PROVIDE THE MUSCLE to protect the ****ing civilized world.

    If you wanna debate the exact figures of how much we should be spending on the military and whether its adjusted appropriately or not thats fine, but the snide oversimplification of what's at stake is honestly just the ignorant cry for atention of a child.

    i'm alright with most of what u said other than shit'ing on old conservative southern folk into their guns and Jesus. i'm fine with guns these days but the Jesus bit is out of control with some of them. them pushing us into a Christian nation literally is some wack shit, as crazy shit as any candidates run on....no different than countries that are fundamentalist muslim. Separation between church and state is what separates us from irrational, impractical decision making stupidity as a nation based on religious dogma.

    the government is just too much of a overly complex bandaid on top of bandaid bloated machine with so much money having been poured into it with so many avenues for abuse and waste, where they really need to tear it all down and start all over. they say there is like a 3-5% margin for error when it comes to tax dollars being wasted, and disappearing in the system which is normal every year. thats huge given how much money the government gets from taxes.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 08-11-2014 at 06:25 AM.

  11. #41
    Very good NBA starter dude77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8,996

    Default Re: US Military Power


  12. #42
    NBA Superstar fiddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    14,957

    Default Re: US Military Power


  13. #43
    Decent college freshman dr.hee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,579

    Default Re: US Military Power

    Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Pretty meaningless in a world where large-scale conventional warfare is falling by the wayside in favor of small-scale insurgencies and terrorism.
    Stick to stuff patriotic peasants can actually grasp, please. Repped nonetheless.

  14. #44
    NBA Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    13,808

    Default Re: US Military Power

    Russia $730 billion into their military over the next 10 years

    http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...ig-mg.cnn.html

    we really have to break their economy somehow

  15. #45
    You are amazing SexSymbol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kaunas, Lithuania
    Posts
    6,114

    Default Re: US Military Power

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    What real players have we ducked? The only superpower in the postwar era besides the US was the Soviet Union and they're ancient history now. Putin is a joke and presides over a country with a GDP that barely matches California. Gorbachev laughs at the power he wields. China is a future superpower, but they're not there yet. I doubt they're itching to get into it with us anyway.
    You're talking complete shit.

    Putin is a joke? you do realize that he made USA Russia's bitch in numerous situations now?

    China could challenge USA or Russia anyday in a full scale war.
    Any of those three would be an equal opponent to the other

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •