Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread:

Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Goddamn I'm biting. Quit trying to use the all time point list as a scorer ranking.

I always fall for these weak trolls ****
    ok...so now the all time scorer raking is a weak argument? 37.000 pts is nothing....

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by robert_shaww
    ok...so now the all time scorer raking is a weak argument? 37.000 pts is nothing....
    Damn near the weakest argument. Longevity and era have nothing to do with actual scoring ability. If you really think Malone is the second best scorer ever you are mentally ****ed. I just have to assume you don't even like basketball and have never watched it.

Default Re:

I can why Nowitzki would rank higher due to the championship. But Malone is the better player.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re:

Because all idiots look at are rings and not the era they played in or how much talent was on their team. Rings are a TEAM accomplishment.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    because he is

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by nzahir
    Because all idiots look at are rings and not the era they played in or how much talent was on their team. Rings are a TEAM accomplishment.
    Malone couldn't replace what Dirk did on the 11 team

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by robert_shaww
    can you explain me why the heat lost to the spurs...i still dont get it (seriously)
    The Spurs put 5 guys who can shoot the ball on the floor at any given time and then they pass, pass, pass until they get a good look. Miami couldn't double-team anyone and get away with it. Miami couldn't cheat or relax on defense. It tired Miami out. When the Spurs offense is flowing, they are ridiculously hard to beat.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    The Spurs put 5 guys who can shoot the ball on the floor at any given time and then they pass, pass, pass until they get a good look. Miami couldn't double-team anyone and get away with it. Miami couldn't cheat or relax on defense. It tired Miami out. When the Spurs offense is flowing, they are ridiculously hard to beat.
    Miami just didn't want it as bad. There's no one on that team that commands a double team. Miamis defense sucked. Far too many open threes. And the Spurs hit them.

I also feel the Spurs had a huge chip on their shoulder and were licking their chops to get back at Miami.

Default Re:

Dirk has a better chance at being the 2nd GOAT PF than Malone does.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Because Dirk raised his level of play when it mattered the most, the playoffs.

yup

National High School Star

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Dude, relative to the era and the talent at the given time.

I am not saying the Heat were the best team ever, even according to talent.
    Cmon man we both know the only reason Dirk won a ring was because Bran shit the bed

Banned

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I can why Nowitzki would rank higher due to the championship. But Malone is the better player.
    Of course Malone is better. He's the blacker of the two.

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by brain drain
    So 23.8 ppg / 10.3 apg @48.5 TS% (Malone 97 finals) "shits on" 22.8/10.8 @53.0 TS% (Dirk 2006)?

And 25/10.5 @55.3 TS% (Malone 98) "shits on" 26.0/9.7 @ 53.7 TS% (Dirk 2011)?

Yeah, right.
    Nice of you to use the TS, Malone's FG% shits on Dirk's while we all know that Dirk is a much better shooter.

Also worth noting that Malone played against 3 of the GOAT defenders in Rodman, Scottie & Jordan, who swarmed him the entire series. Yet he put up better numbers than Dirk.

You honestly want to tell me that Dirk's 06 Finals has shit on what Malone did in 97? or Malone's 98 Finals vs Dirk's 11? In both cases, Malone faced the better team.

TS% is not a fair use here when Dirk is obviously the much better FT shooter, but couldn't shoot worth a lick from the field in 06.

You also conveniently left out the assist and steals numbers, like they have no impact on the game.

Even the 98 Finals game, where Bulls played GOAT level defense and completely shut down the Jazz, Malone had 22 points on 73% shooting, think about that.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Default Re:

Holy shit. Dirk is always so heavily underrated.

Default Re:

Four pages and no one has mentioned the huge defensive advantage that Malone has over Dirk? He was the anchor for those Jazz teams on both ends of the floor.