Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: For BASKETBALL purists, carries are as cringeworthy in the NBA as flopping:

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Please count, how many damn times does Derrick Rose carry the basketball on this one crucial posession, seriously how many ****ing times!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2vb...youtu.be&t=36s

His High School refs followed the rules of ball handling better than NBA refs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yra3H06gX4w#t=198s

After learning the history of the game and how the game is reffed in other leagues, from high school to rec to International this is becoming a major gripe IMO about the NBA. Casual fans may not give a shit or may even be entertained by it but for a purist it is blatantly against the rules to carry the ball but NBA players do it all the time. It makes them look goofy and unskilled IMO as it quite clearly requires MORE SKILL to dribble with your hands in a disciplined manner on top of the ball than it would if you can scoop and hesitate every damn time you want to change direction.

And I'm also getting sick of seeing big uncoordinated players become "ball handlers" like Durant and Giannis. IMO the only reason they even "handle" the ball in the first place is because carrying isn't called on their clumsy drives. Seriously anybody ever watched those two guys who understand what carrying is? They get away with straight horrific ball handling. For Durant to crossover he practically picks the ball up from the bottom and sweeps the damn thing accross his chest.
    Nah flopping is some other shit. Falling on the ground and pretending to be fouled is the wackest shit. Carries are what they are. I never had handles cuz I never carried. Seen everyone carry. Can't even really do a crossover without carrying.

-Smak

Default Re: For BASKETBALL purists, carries are as cringeworthy in the NBA as flopping:

I saw nothing wrong with the clip. He might've carried one time, but it wasn't obviously enough to blow a whistle. Flopping will always take the cake for me because you're putting something out there that isn't true.

Take a hot tub machine back to the 60's, bruh.

You're half a century behind the times.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Nothing is as cringeworthy as this

Agreed. Nothing as cringeworthy to basketball purists as guys shuffling their pivot feet

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Agreed. Nothing as cringeworthy to basketball purists as guys shuffling their pivot feet

at no point in that gif did boozer shuffle his feel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin

'
    He clearly did

After seeing the clip in the OP, I think carrying makes the game better. It allows the offensive player to disrupt the timing of his dribble and, aesthetically, makes the game more interesting.

That should be called "palming" instead of carrying.

Like other posters, I think flopping is way, way more offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb

His pivot foot totally shuffles

Banned

Eh, I think flopping is much worse personally. If the refs called every travelling and palming/carrying violation per the rule books then the game would be unwatchable. There'd literally be a whistle blown every other play.

But sometimes the things guys get away with is definitely cringe material:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCEbuar7Qas

Stevie Franchise brought the triple jump technique to the NBA long before everyone was on the crab dribble

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Eh, I think flopping is much worse personally. If the refs called every travelling and palming/carrying violation per the rule books then the game would be unwatchable. There'd literally be a whistle blown every other play.

But sometimes the things guys get away with is definitely cringe material:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCEbuar7Qas

Stevie Franchise brought the triple jump technique to the NBA long before everyone was on the crab dribble

Haha, that Francis clip...

Takes a Matrix-like approach of believing the laws of the world to be maleable. Team's down by 12 in the third quarter - one must believe that he will be able to take as many steps as he so desires in order to pull that off. Gutsy. And other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    slow mo always looks like a delayed reaction. This is the stupidest gif ever. Its not even a real flop. If you actually watch the elbow catches him hard across the bridge of the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    wow thats sad

kings fan

I agree with this.

Sunshine State