Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

Default Re: Best starting 5 EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    I'm actually interested on why you think Wilt was better than 1977 Bill Walton.
    What makes 77 Walton better than 67 Wilt?

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    I'm actually interested on why you think Wilt was better than 1977 Bill Walton.
    How about 68-13 vs. 44-21?

How about 24.1 ppg vs. 18.6 ppg?
    How about 24.2 rpp vs. 14.4 rpg?
    How about 7.8 apg vs. 3.8 apg?
    How about a .683 FG% vs. a .528 FG%?
    How about a 7.0 DWS vs. a 4.8?
    How about a Winshare margin of 21.9 to 10.2?

How about Chamberlain trashing ever center he faced in his '67 post-season (including HOFers Russell and Thurmond), while Walton was brutalized by Kareem in '77?

Need evidence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coHM...os=YqP06ya0k4w

A peak Walton, what little there was of him, PALED in comparison to a PEAK Chamberlain.

John Stockton
    Michael Jordan
    Scottie Pippen
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Bill Walton

that's the team I wanted to put together in the All-time draft but it's not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    One on one, clearly. But if I have a good coach with a concept in mind, give me healthy Walton all day.
    Even though a peak Wilt was also a better winner and team player?

Only a "basher" would utter such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS

Wilt is the better individual, no doubt. But IMO Walton fits better if you're looking to build a team with a specific system.

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri98
    Wilt is the better individual, no doubt. But IMO Walton fits better if you're looking to build a team with a specific system.
    Based on what? Wilt spent a good chunk of his career as a distributor out of the post, in a system offense.

One on one, clearly. But if I have a good coach with a concept in mind, give me healthy Walton all day.
    Not over 67 Wilt. Better scorer, rebounder, shot blocker and just as good a passer.

Irving
    Waiters
    James
    Love
    Varejo

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS

Exactly these comments show your lack of basketball understanding. Your complete ignorance of the existence of team concepts that work better with Walton instead of Wilt is just sad considering the amount of time you're investing in writing essays about your dream boyfriend.

In some sense, it's the same inability to tolerate differing viewpoints you rarely see with religious fanatics. If you aren't on their side, you're against them. That's exactly your mindset, jlauber. It isn't enough I say Wilt is better individually. No, the mere existence of the idea that somebody on this planet has a team scenario (maybe one out of a million concepts, just a single one at all) in mind where he'd prefer another player to Wilt Chamberlain is something you can't deal with and are forced to label him with negative intentions, calling him a "basher".

It's just sad. What the hell is wrong with you? If I want to build around a low post monster, give me Wilt. If I want a fast-paced, team oriented flow offense with a lot of high post playmaking, then Walton all day. As an example, to replace Shaq on the Kobe threepeat Lakers? Give me Wilt. To replace Tyson Chandler on the 2011 Mavs? Give me Walton.

But I bet even this is something you can't possibly deal with. Let me guess...your heart rate is already rising, you get that itchy feeling in your fingers and can't help it. Another essay incoming...
    Last edited by dr.hee; 09-06-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Not over 67 Wilt. Better scorer, rebounder, shot blocker and just as good a passer.
    Aside from FT shooting, Chamberlain was simply MUCH better at every aspect of the game, than Walton. And even a '77 Walton only shot .697 from the line (and in fact, a '67 Wilt MADE 150 MORE FTs than a '77 Walton did.)

I missed the "with a concept in mind" part. Fair enough. Walton might be the better pick given what you explained.

Exactly these comments show your lack of basketball understanding. Your complete ignorance of the existence of team concepts that work better with Walton instead of Wilt is just sad considering the amount of time you're investing in writing essays about your dream boyfriend.

In some sense, it's the same inability to tolerate differing viewpoints you rarely see with religious fanatics. If you aren't on their side, you're against them. That's exactly your mindset, jlauber. It isn't enough I say Wilt is better individually. No, the mere existence of the idea that somebody on this planet has a team scenario in mind where he'd prefer another player to Wilt Chamberlain is something you can't deal with and are forced to label him with negative intentions, calling him a "basher".

It's just sad. What the hell is wrong with you? If I want to build around a low post monster, give me Wilt. If I want a fast-paced, team oriented flow offense with a lot of high post playmaking, then Walton all day.

But I bet even this is something you can't possibly deal with. Let me guess...your heart rate is already rising, you get that itchy feeling in your fingers and can't help it. Another essay incoming...
    No need...

How about 68-13 vs. 44-21?

How about 24.1 ppg vs. 18.6 ppg?
    How about 24.2 rpp vs. 14.4 rpg?
    How about 7.8 apg vs. 3.8 apg?
    How about a .683 FG% vs. a .528 FG%?
    How about a 7.0 DWS vs. a 4.8?
    How about a Winshare margin of 21.9 to 10.2?

How about Chamberlain trashing ever center he faced in his '67 post-season (including HOFers Russell and Thurmond), while Walton was brutalized by Kareem in '77?

Need evidence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coHM...os=YqP06ya0k4w

A peak Walton, what little there was of him, PALED in comparison to a PEAK Chamberlain.
    And as far as "fast-paced" offense goes. Chamberlain's '67 Sixers ran away with the scoring title, and his '72 Lakers BLEW the league away. ALL led by WILT's outlet passes.

Oh, and a "healthy" Walton would give you 35 mpg, while Chamberlain would give you 48+.
    Last edited by LAZERUSS; 09-06-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Magic
    Moncrief
    Jordan
    Dirk
    Duncan

One of the GOAT passers, one of the GOAT perimeter defenders, the GOAT scorer/player, PF who can shoot the three, low-post presence/defensive anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Magic
    Moncrief
    Jordan
    Dirk
    Duncan

One of the GOAT passers, one of the GOAT perimeter defenders, the GOAT scorer/player, PF who can shoot the three, low-post presence/defensive anchor.
    Do you have enough three point shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Do you have enough three point shooting?
    Hmmm. I guess it'd be either Magic or Moncrief who'd get the boot.

**** it. Put Bowen in there for Moncrief.
    Last edited by T_L_P; 09-06-2014 at 12:19 PM.