Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Should white cops be BANNED from patrolling urban black areas?

Totally agree. We should have only black cops patrolling blakc neighborhoods. As long as its separate but equal.

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    yes it does. they are often up against civilians better armed than they are, which is entirely unacceptable.

when legal arms like semi automatics are in peoples possessions and cops have handguns its a joke. U should look up the video of the LA bank robbers dressed in armor with heavy firearms. theres lots of videos with people with much heavier firearms than police who are getting sprayed with bullets.

theres even a recent one at a pullover where the guy comes out with some ak47 style gun spraying the fukk out of this police who somehow survived while shooting him dead.

America is heavily armed, and the crazies have some of the heaviest arms and munitions.

Whats with people proposing solutions to violence by advocating more and bigger guns? Community policing is the name of the game here not militarizing police forces.

Hume>Kunt.

It would be one of the most corrupted group of police in the united states

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

If I was a beat cop and my beat was primarily composed of black neighborhoods (in fact poor neighborhoods in general) I would devote a small but not insignificant percentage of my free time to youth sports. I would establish/organize basketball leagues for kids K-8, ditto soccer and flag football. Make it free by getting subsidies, fundraising or applying for grants. Even be a volunteer coach.

First of all you are giving kids something to do in their free time other than get up to no good and secondly you are developing relationships with the people in that community that you are going to have to work with and be effective in.

When you are dealing with people in the future you aren't some faceless pig who is just trying doing the job for the paycheck and the pension but you're "Steve, the guy who runs the basketball league", someone who has a genuine investment in that community and its people. You perceived as credible and trustworthy and someone who has his heart in the right place.

Being an effective police officer is not just whether you can take down bad guys its about enabling people to make better decisions, creating a better, safer environment, steering people away from a criminal life and establishing trust amongst those you are going to police.

black cops in black neighborhoods .. white cops in white neighborhoods .. no more excuses about 'racism' from cops

That would be racist.

I'm not sure why all Police don't wear POV cameras.

And I'm unsure of why they carry tazers, because they reach for their gun every chance they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    yes it does. they are often up against civilians better armed than they are, which is entirely unacceptable.

when legal arms like semi automatics are in peoples possessions and cops have handguns its a joke. U should look up the video of the LA bank robbers dressed in armor with heavy firearms. theres lots of videos with people with much heavier firearms than police who are getting sprayed with bullets.

theres even a recent one at a pullover where the guy comes out with some ak47 style gun spraying the fukk out of this police who somehow survived while shooting him dead.

America is heavily armed, and the crazies have some of the heaviest arms and munitions.
    Aren't handguns the vast majority of gun related crimes something along the lines of 95%. I'm not saying the police shouldn't be heavily armed just that it seems out of wack compared to training and support. I mean do local Leo's really need tanks and what not.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    There is already a lot of money in policing despite local officials crying poor but it is spent with out balance. Too much on new toys and less on actual training or does it make sense to you that the police force is armed with military equipment.
    From what I have read a lot of the guns and other toys are gotten for free from the stuff the military considers out of date

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    That would be racist.

I'm not sure why all Police don't wear POV cameras.

And I'm unsure of why they carry tazers, because they reach for their gun every chance they get.

they all have cameras in their cars.

they tazer a lot of mf'ers too. tazer isn't guaranteed to stop somebody either like a gun.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Aren't handguns the vast majority of gun related crimes something along the lines of 95%. I'm not saying the police shouldn't be heavily armed just that it seems out of wack compared to training and support. I mean do local Leo's really need tanks and what not.

well they should have heavier fire arms in their trunks or somewhere in their cars IMO, not just shotguns...obviously they can't carry those arms around so they'll regularly have the handguns.

well there are a lot of crimes every day, so a stat like most crimes would be heavily upped by the smaller variety, still doesn't take away from being completely outgunned in situations.

If this were allowed, how soon until black folks cry foul play and say, "Why aren't black cops allowed to patrol white neighborhoods?! It's segregation all over again!" ?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by west_tip
    If I was a beat cop and my beat was primarily composed of black neighborhoods (in fact poor neighborhoods in general) I would devote a small but not insignificant percentage of my free time to youth sports. I would establish/organize basketball leagues for kids K-8, ditto soccer and flag football. Make it free by getting subsidies, fundraising or applying for grants. Even be a volunteer coach.

First of all you are giving kids something to do in their free time other than get up to no good and secondly you are developing relationships with the people in that community that you are going to have to work with and be effective in.

When you are dealing with people in the future you aren't some faceless pig who is just trying doing the job for the paycheck and the pension but you're "Steve, the guy who runs the basketball league", someone who has a genuine investment in that community and its people. You perceived as credible and trustworthy and someone who has his heart in the right place.

Being an effective police officer is not just whether you can take down bad guys its about enabling people to make better decisions, creating a better, safer environment, steering people away from a criminal life and establishing trust amongst those you are going to police.

i always think this stuff is rather overrated. not saying there shouldn't be youth programs but there are a LOT of kids in city neighborhoods, different generations growing up, and the amount of kids those people reach is a drop in the bucket. I mean its nice they do that and go out of their way which does put a better face on cops to SOME youth/adults but again its a small effect unless its some small town.

altho i don't have better solutions to make black communities trust cops, and nor do i think its so much a race issue of trusting cops since black cops have killed or get a bad rap with black communities too. granted they can't use racism when its a black cop involved which is a big plus, but there is still always outcry against them either way.

to me its on the black communities, a lot is on them not everyone else IMO. the media, the left, and the black communities pin it on everyone else but they should start taking some blame...a lot of it in fact for their issues.

the other thing is leaders get people to follow them by telling people what they want to hear. whether thats blaming the man, the korean businesses, whoever....its a way to get people behind you but that doesn't make them right at all.

Love Live Life

What about the Mexican and Asian neighborhoods?

no.

but i obv. agree that most white cops are biased as shit.

NBA rookie of the year

Honestly its not the worst idea i have ever heard. maybe black cops would be able to get better results in black communities. maybe the people there and the cops would have a better rapport if they were the same race.

Perhaps white cops are too quick to see blacks as threats and obeying white cops is offends the black community on some subconscious level.

What are the downsides of this idea?

perhaps the reason whites tend to get along better with cops is because we share a race.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 08-15-2014 at 07:06 PM.