Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Would you trade someone like Durant or Carmelo for Anthony Davis?

Default Re: Would you trade someone like Durant or Carmelo for Anthony Davis?

Durant, I'd consider it but probably not.

Melo I'd ship out in a heartbeat, as would any GM in the league.

Hell yeah lol

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves

Beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves

I'm trying to find a good trade value for him. If he's in the Durant stratosphere already, then that's ridiculous

Durant, no, Carmelo, yes.

NBA lottery pick

I think 80% of GMs would take Anthony Davis over both Durant and Carmelo.

100% would take Anthony Davis over Carmelo.

Watching the USA v Brazil game yesterday, I just can't think of a single player with a ceiling as high as his. I would honestly trade Lebron (age) for him. Durant is possible, probably wouldn't do it though. Anyone else, I'd trade without a second thought.

People were criticizing his offensive game coming out of college...and just 2 years later he's already got a wet midrange jumper. He says he's been studying a lot of Dirk and KG tape..if he can extend his range to the 3 and improve as a passer..how the **** do you guard him?

People were calling him skinny..just two years later he's bulked up to just under 240, and he's still going. Reportedly he's also grown a bit..he was a 6'3" guard just 5 years ago..and now he's a near 6'11" 240 monster with guard instincts.

I think everyone knew at the back of their mind he'd improve even if they had some doubts..but I don't think anyone would've predicted he'd progress this rapidly. I mean it's at the point where he could be a top 3 player behind Lebron and KD (and not even a distant 3rd, on their level) by the end of the season and I wouldn't be surprised at all.
    Last edited by Milbuck; 08-17-2014 at 02:05 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    I'm trying to find a good trade value for him. If he's in the Durant stratosphere already, then that's ridiculous
    Only thing that gives him Durant value is his age. If Durant demanded a trade, Thunder would take Davis straight up.

Melo would be traded in a heart beat as said earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Watching the USA v Brazil game yesterday, I just can't think of a single player with a ceiling as high as his. I would honestly trade Lebron (age) for him. Durant is possible, probably wouldn't do it though. Anyone else, I'd trade without a second thought.

People were criticizing his offensive game coming out of college...and just 2 years later he's already got a wet midrange jumper. He says he's been studying a lot of Dirk and KG tape..if he can extend his range to the 3 and improve as a passer..how the **** do you guard him?

People were calling him skinny..just two years later he's bulked up to just under 240, and he's still going. Reportedly he's also grown a bit..he was a 6'3" guard just 5 years ago..and now he's a near 6'11" 240 monster with guard instincts.

I think everyone knew at the back of their mind he'd improve even if they had some doubts..but I don't think anyone would've predicted he'd progress this rapidly. I mean it's at the point where he could be a top 3 player behind Lebron and KD (and not even a distant 3rd, on their level) by the end of the season and I wouldn't be surprised at all.
    UniGOAT

For anyone that hasn't been paying attention for the last year:

There are only two guys that potentially get you Anthony Davis in today's game - LBJ and Durant...

... and NO would have to think long and hard about it.

In my opinion AD is the best since LeBron and the third best since Jordan. I appreciate Melo and Durant greatly but i probably would take AD over them, maybe not over Durant this year but 2015 for sure.

NBA rookie of the year

If healthy, Embiid will overtake him as the player with most potential

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trabash
    In my opinion AD is the best since LeBron and the third best since Jordan. I appreciate Melo and Durant greatly but i probably would take AD over them, maybe not over Durant this year but 2015 for sure.
    Shaq? Duncan? Kobe?

Banned

AD is overrated

What's the difference between him and pre injury jermaine o'neal?

U guys get too hyped about 20/10 and some blocks