One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default For those here who are tennis fans, when did you start watching?

For me, I started watching in the 2000s. First tournament I ever watched was the 2001 US Open.

Default Re: For those here who are tennis fans, when did you start watching?

I used to play Virtua Tennis for the Dreamcast back in like 2001. Very good game. Then I bought it again for the PSP. I also bought the latest one from Steam a couple of years ago, but have only played it around two times. I remember Sharapova winning some big event back in like 2008.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Re: For those here who are tennis fans, when did you start watching?

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    I used to play Virtua Tennis for the Dreamcast back in like 2001. Very good game. Then I bought it again for the PSP. I also bought the latest one from Steam a couple of years ago, but have only played it around two times. I remember Sharapova winning some big event back in like 2008.
    That game was incredible. Probably the best tennis game I had . Top Spin 1 was alright, the career mode was cool. Then I bought Top Spin 4 for xbox 360. I wasted $50 on that game whyyyy . Wasn't fluid at all.

Virtua Tennis was incredibly fluid for a game in the early 2000s. Is the one on Steam any good?

Also I felt they overrated roddick to some extent in top spin 4. He was hitting crazy shots off his backhand in career mode. And in real life, roddick was probably least known for his backhand. I used to have way more trouble than I should in career mode beating him (I think it was the Aus Open Finals). I had one lose against him and won every match against Federer. Didn't seem too realistic.
    Last edited by NBAplayoffs2001; 08-19-2014 at 09:31 AM.