Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Good High School Starter Ken_Masters's Avatar

Default Re: Basketball is a better sport than football

I hate football and the NFL. This coming from someone who grew up watching it. I now realize how overrated the sport actually is. I much prefer basketball and the NBA. I will never watch another NFL game.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Bball is a better sport though the NFL is pathetic and I hope it dies. College football is great.

Local High School Star

In fact basketball is the most popular sports and most played sports amongst youths.

So yeah it is a pretty damm popular sport with a global reach. Way more exciting than soccer (Which can be interesting or boring). I remembered watching the FIFA world cup finals and almost fell asleep the full time score was 0 to 0. If soccer had a higher scoring game, would be way more fun. Maybe allow offside or something?

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

As other posters have iterated, I think basketball is hands down the funnest sport to play amongst people all over the country.

I prefer watching basketball to football as well, but I don't mind football. Although it does seem that the NFL is headed down an ominous path.

Serious playground baller strike first's Avatar

Half the people complaining about the NFL are probably Browns, Dolphins or Lions fans etc..

A sport with constant player movement and scoring opportunities >> any sport with constant stoppages between actions and/or lack of scoring opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by tgan3
    In fact basketball is the most popular sports and most played sports amongst youths.

So yeah it is a pretty damm popular sport with a global reach. Way more exciting than soccer (Which can be interesting or boring). I remembered watching the FIFA world cup finals and almost fell asleep the full time score was 0 to 0. If soccer had a higher scoring game, would be way more fun. Maybe allow offside or something?
    Make soccer scores like 6 points for every goal and have players take a penalty after each goal (worth 1 point). I bet more Americans will love soccer after that.

Good High School Starter Ken_Masters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strike first
    Half the people complaining about the NFL are probably Browns, Dolphins or Lions fans etc..
    Was a Bears fan since i was a kid. They've made the Super Bowl and the playoffs quite a few times, so they weren't exactly a laughingstock. The NFL is no longer the sport it used to be. Money hungry commissioner, player criminals, concussions, unlikeable players, play stoppages, etc.

College Football is the best