Thread: MJ vs Lebron

Default Re: MJ vs Lebron

Sounds like an ISH poster.

"LEBRON'S A BETTER REBOUNDER AND A PASSER" hurr durr

the clip is very accurately made because you see the average lebron fan being a kid and the average MJ fan being an adult. They even use the same arguments.

better rebounder/passer vs 6 rings.

NBA rookie of the year

In a vacuum, I don't think Lebron is a better rebounder than Jordan. Jordan was a far better offensive rebounder, averaged ~6.5 reb despite playing with far better rebounders than Lebron does, was able to grab 12+ boards whenever needed (e.g., he averaged 9.5 reb when Rodman was suspended), and Jackson routinely put him on the inside position on Bulls FT's because he would frequently be able to get inside the opposing big man for an offensive rebound/putback. If I needed a few rebounds to win a game, I'd easily take MJ over Lebron.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Damn, it's like the ISH archives compiled into 20 seconds of video

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    In a vacuum, I don't think Lebron is a better rebounder than Jordan. Jordan was a far better offensive rebounder, averaged ~6.5 reb despite playing with far better rebounders than Lebron does, was able to grab 12+ boards whenever needed (e.g., he averaged 9.5 reb when Rodman was suspended), and Jackson routinely put him on the inside position on Bulls FT's because he would frequently be able to get inside the opposing big man for an offensive rebound/putback. If I needed a few rebounds to win a game, I'd easily take MJ over Lebron.
    This. Plus, when MJ realy cared about putting up high reb and ast numbers. he averaged 32/8/8 for the season...

Plus, rebounding and passing isn't everything and even those two are debatable between the two. Jordan is easily a better scorer and a better defender and his accolades are much better. There's nothing to be made in James' case right now, 6/6 vs 2/5